Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Please update you template JoomlArt Teline IV J1.7 for extension K2 v2.5. It is in the stable phase. Please also update the QuickStart in Joomla 1.7. Teline is really cool template (but really wants to upgrade, please). Thank you very much.

Regards

elbarto

TomC Moderator

Greetings Elbarto:

As K2 2.5 is, as the developers profess, compatible with J1.7, then at it’s core it should be compatible with Teline IV J1.7. What you need to understand is, however, that the latest stable K2 CCK component was only just release a couple of weeks ago. As such, there may be issues with regard certain interaction with certain other 3rd party extensions (as there have been in the past with even the previous versions of K2).

While we have not yet been provided with a time-schedule within which our current J1.7 templates will be updated with K2 elements, I can tell you that our upcoming November 2011 JATC Template release WILL have the new K2 component integrated. Therefore, I feel fairly confident in saying that K2 2.5 is – at it’s base level – compatible with our J1.7 templates.

Bart Friend

When will you please update the template issued JA Teline IV for Joomla! 1.7?

TomC Moderator

<em>@elbarto 286466 wrote:</em><blockquote>When will you please update the template issued JA Teline IV for Joomla! 1.7?</blockquote>
    Are you referring to updating K2 within Teline IV J1.7?

sincerity Friend

The main attraction of JaTelineIV is the modules like janewspro, janewsticker, jabulletin etc. are integrated to work with K2. I purchased the club membership after seeing the ads that JaTelineIV for J1.7 and its modules will work with K2. But in Joomla1.7, there is no provision to select K2 content in any of the modules.

I am desperately waiting for this update. Please let us know when you will complete it.

TomC Moderator

<em>@arjunkrishna 286512 wrote:</em><blockquote>The main attraction of JaTelineIV is the modules like janewspro, janewsticker, jabulletin etc. are integrated to work with K2. I purchased the club membership after seeing the ads that JaTelineIV for J1.7 and its modules will work with K2.[/quote]
    The elements will work with the latest K2 (J1.7 compatible) component – but this is something that you would need to install and configure on your own, as we have not yet updated Teline IV J1.7 with K2 2.5+ (and, as of this date, there remains no definitive plan/schedule to do so).

Once you install K2 into your Teline IV based site, a way you can check your own configurations with/against those of our Teline IV J1.5 demo (insofar as the frontend and backend site administration elements) is utilizing our “Demo Builder” feature . . .

On each of our template demo pages, you will see a link/tab on the left hand side labeled “Demo Builder.” Clink that link, complete the information and you will soon receive an email with the links to a temporary demo clone of the template – complete with site administration access. The temporary demo site is housed on our own servers and is available to you for a limited time period (usually 24-48 Hrs).

With this, you can compare the settings and configurations as you see in our demo with that of your own – and see if, perhaps, there are any particular settings you might have missed and/or configured incorrectly. It’s a really useful tool for getting started and/or cross-checking certain settings that you want to perform as does within our demos.

onobles Friend

Thank you for responding Tom. Unfortunately this doesn’t help with templating for K2, as that information is not available via the demo builder site. There’s still no way to accurate recreate the way K2 looks in Teline 1.5 for K2 in Teline 1.7. I know you guys may be frustrated with the questions, but we’ve been waiting a year for K2 to become stable for 1.7, and many (such as myself) has held off launching our sites because Teline isn’t coded for K2 yet. The lack of a definitive schedule is worrisome…

TomC Moderator

Our JA Development Team is currently testing out integration and configuration of the latest K2 component with our J1.7 Templates.

While I cannot provide you with a definitive timeframe/schedule for when/if our J1.7 Templates will be updated with the latest K2, please do keep an eye on our UPDATES[/url] section for future announcements.

sincerity Friend

Dear Tom,
    We are anxiously waiting for the integration of J1.7 compatible K2 into JATeline IV. We will be happy if you could update us regarding the current development phase and also an idea about the date of completion.

humana Friend

Dear Tom,
    I’m waiting for this update too, since the K2 2.5 stable is out. It was almost 3 months ago. Please, can You say us, when will be the update out?
    Thanks

cantabriadeportiva Friend

I’m waiting too.

obliat Friend

One more waiting for the same thing

TomC Moderator
    While we understand users want the latest versions, planning must be done to fit around the normal work. It is especially hard at the moment with J2.5.x just being released and already, just a few days later a bug fix release of J2.5.1 is imminent. JA then have to rapidly test and upgrade all of their extensions and template. So please bear with us.

In the meantime, please see our J2.5 Templates and Extensions ROADMAP

obliat Friend

Hi Tom, definitely immense and you guys need to do a lot – way beyond I can imagine.

I just happened to come across the thread regarding K2 ver 2.5.1 (not J2.5). I am still using J1.5.22 Teline IV 1.0.4 and I was holding everything on the upgrade side just to be sure it makes sense upgrading. So seeing K2.5.1 related thead decided to drop a vote. The only reason I am considering Teline IV upgrade is J1.5 won’t be supported anymore, and I am not sure for how long it’s god to keep the old version. As I was also holding my forum – it’s a lot of work to create it – to see if I will be upgradind to J1.7 or J2.5 soon and avoid lot’s of updates. I’ll keep an eye on the thread and Teline IV info page.

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum