Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’ve red some forums posts over at K2 and seems like there’s an issue with displaying K2 Blog at the Frontpage.

But as I’m not sure I decided to ask if I can have Blogs display at the FrontPage in addition to Blog.

Or is there a module (or a way to create one) to show blog titles (with thumbs) at the frontpage, say similar to JA Tabs one or even to the main JA News module with the leading article and the thumbs?

This way people will be able to see blog titles on the FrontPage.

Thanks ahead.

Martin

obliat Friend

I used JA Bulletin and it perfectly shows a list of blogs – I placed it at col-mass-top in my case.

Still, it would be good to know if the blog view, as you see it once you click Blog icon at topmega, can be used at the FrontPage – say above or below JA News?

Sherlock Friend

Dear obliat,

You can go to your template back-end >> Profiles tab >> Home profile,Here you select the “Hide Main content block” field to No Then you can refer your Home menu item to the K2 Blog layout as you want.

obliat Friend

One of the most viewd threads these days in Teline IV with no feebback though…

I’m still looking to resolve it myself as well.

obliat Friend

Thanks dathq. I did that with no success. (I had the same wish with JA Events template and your instruction worked pefectly there to view K2 blog on the FP. But in Telive IV I did it all and NewsPro won’t go away (except if I unpublish them all, but K2 still won’t show up no matter it is associated with the Home menu.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@obliat 226344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks dathq. I did that with no success. (I had the same wish with JA Events template and your instruction worked pefectly there to view K2 blog on the FP. But in Telive IV I did it all and NewsPro won’t go away (except if I unpublish them all, but K2 still won’t show up no matter it is associated with the Home menu.</blockquote>

Dear obliat,

I installed a telineiv quickstart for checking and I saw it worked.
    You can prtovide me your url,the admin account and the FTP Info via the ticket of PZQ-884-69422 for further checking on the issue.

obliat Friend

I’ll do that once I migrate it to the hosting from my WAMP localhost project in a couple of days. Thanks.

Actually, what I did was that I changed Home menu to K2 category, poiting to the Blog category (that displays K2 Items in K2 blog view once you hit the blog button on the Teline IV home page), but it still displays JA News Pro in janews1 position no matter what and K2 blog items are not showing up.

Is there anything I’m missing or you’ll fidn out once I publish the site?

Sherlock Friend

Dear oblit,

I Just tried to install a quickstart of ja telineiv for checking and after selecting Hide main content to No in the Home profile I still can see the k2 blog items are showing up.
    Not much sure what is the problem without checking on your site.

obliat Friend

OK it’s now on and ticket is updated.

And I see you made it show K2 Blog though settings are a bit different – like Written by untranslated and overall different module settings. Can’t find position content_top in the module manager.

Please let me know how did you do it and how do I handle it. Thanks again.

Sherlock Friend

Dear obliat,

I just went to your Template back-end >> Profile tabs >> going to edit the home profile,select the field of “Hide Main content block” to No and it helped showing the k2 items.
    Please check it again yourself.

obliat Friend

Gosh, I didn’t realize I had to go to Home under Profiles menu despite you telling me doing it several times – I was having “Hide main content block” to No under default and was wondering why on earth it’s not working. That’s what hapens with too much work LOL.

Sorry for my negligence and thank you very much.

carlucci Friend

Sorry,
    Where in the Back-end is:
    template back-end >> Profiles tab >> Home profile,Here you select the “Hide Main content block” field to No

obliat Friend

Well, I guess you’re not seeing it like I wasn’t LOL. So better look at the attached screenshot.
    Cheers 🙂

1. home-profile
    carlucci Friend

Thanks Obliat,
    I thought so.

obliat Friend

Unfortunately my experience on the subejct ends here, but I’m sure devs will help you out. I will so if I manage t find out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum