Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Would love to see a new news-template like JA-Teline I or II.

JA Teline is old I think – and business templates are enough avail.

Thank YOU!

TomC Moderator

<em>@leave2 127178 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would love to see a new news-template like JA-Teline I or II.

JA Teline is old I think – and business templates are enough avail.

Thank YOU!</blockquote>
    I have thought about this as well … and I think it would be a great idea.

However, seeing as Teline II was such a hit for JA, as well as being a very involved template in itself, for there to be consideration for a Teline III, I think those who would like to see one should provide lists of features they would like to see (for the JA Development Team’s consideration in designing it).

With that, what kinds of new and/or improved features would you want to see in a Teline III ???

zorroh Friend

something like this:
    http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=solarsentinel

i think JA can do better ๐Ÿ˜‰

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 127185 wrote:</em><blockquote>something like this:
    http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=solarsentinel
    </blockquote>
    C’mon . . . let’s try to separate “like this other template club” from our own creative/original thought process.

Specifically, what features would be cool in a Teline III – while not being TOO busy or cluttered?

didima Friend

yes time for new one now ๐Ÿ˜€

Excalibur! Friend

<em>@didima 127946 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes time for new one now :D</blockquote>

I agree…

questbg Friend

I wouldn’t mind a ‘most e-mailed’ tab to go with ‘latest’ and ‘most popular’.

Also, a built in ‘related articles’ at the end of each article which pulls say five other articles from the site based on various keywords (although would need the option of ‘excluding’ keywords as all mine have ‘bulgaria’ in them which makes using a ‘related articles’ module inpractical … sure JA could come up with a better one).

Also, a ‘Pay to View Premium Content’ feature. I had to do this via commercial extensions with my current Telline II site, would be nice to have built in with link to various payment gateways.

That’s my shortlist anyhow.

TomC Moderator

<em>@didima 127946 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes time for new one now :D</blockquote>
    My, what a great suggestion for new features

:p

frodojrr Friend

<em>@questbg 128198 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wouldn’t mind a ‘most e-mailed’ tab to go with ‘latest’ and ‘most popular’.

Also, a built in ‘related articles’ at the end of each article which pulls say five other articles from the site based on various keywords (although would need the option of ‘excluding’ keywords as all mine have ‘bulgaria’ in them which makes using a ‘related articles’ module inpractical … sure JA could come up with a better one).

Also, a ‘Pay to View Premium Content’ feature. I had to do this via commercial extensions with my current Telline II site, would be nice to have built in with link to various payment gateways.

That’s my shortlist anyhow.</blockquote>

What commercial extension did you use for “Pay to View Premium Content?” I’d like to start charging for archived articles.

TomC Moderator

<em>@frodojrr 128228 wrote:</em><blockquote>What commercial extension did you use for “Pay to View Premium Content?” I’d like to start charging for archived articles.</blockquote>

Check out JoomSuite Member and/or Permission

questbg Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 128261 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check out JoomSuite Member and/or Permission</blockquote>

Tom’s right on that call.

I used JoomSuite Member to protect certain sections/categories for subscription only viewers. This also handles the PayPal payment gateway.

I also used JoomSuite User, basically to customise the registration form with more fields and also to integrate Captha security into the form.

leave2 Friend

I would like to see a new, fresh design โ€“ but please keep the grey oneโ€ฆin order to make that editable

leave2 Friend

Any comment from the JA-Team on that discussion? Is there chance for a new News-Template?

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 127187 wrote:</em><blockquote>C’mon . . . let’s try to separate “like this other template club” from our own creative/original thought process.

Specifically, what features would be cool in a Teline III – while not being TOO busy or cluttered?</blockquote>

See, you haven’t really looked at SolarSentinal, this one is one of the best ones available right now. And not because the colors are fancy or the look is cool, IT IS BECAUSE OF THE EXTENSIONS!

This is a real news template for 2009, there are all those modules that miss in Teline II, all those that give the Yahoo Status Quo feeling and usability on the frontend and all what makes a template for Newssites a good one…I also am a TP member because they are also very good, I also had a JoomlaXTC subscription and also their Newstemplate is what a new modern up to date, not so static, moving and user friendly and exciting one needs. In the basics, where is the JA Teline II weather module, any news site needs one and not just with taking one from the JED?

This is what the other clubs news template show, take MagazinePlazza by TP, also this is more extended by the meaning with that what the trend is desiring. The major look and feel simply misses in JA Teline II and a JA Teline III would not be as good as it should when disregarding all those features those other news templates already had in 2008 and now have.;)

I also use RT Templates now, they have something that is not available from here. I also use templates from here, they have something that is not available from RT, but when it comes to what a template shall bring in extensions and stuff for a news or magazine style template, the tip to RT SolarSentinal is fitting.

zorroh Friend

frontpage news
    showing attached content icons, like videoclip, podcast or photo album.
    http://nytimes.com | like in attached image

photos inside article
    visitor can zoom main photo to full size in articles and if there multiple photos then visitor can easily slide photos in article.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE54P4R320090527

move&edit&minimize&add
    cool feature is move&edit boxes, like in vauxite but there must be some extra features.. visitor can edit every box and set up what categories you want to see in that box and there must be also possibility to add or remove boxes.
    http://bbc.co.uk

weather
    in news portal is good to see weather box, where users can setup location
    http://demo.rockettheme.com/may09/

media libarary
    videocasts, podcasts, photocasts, audio-video-photo categories

forum integration with phpbb
    comment bot, comments through forum. latest forum topics etc
    http://jfusion.org

1. attached-media
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  rsn8 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum