Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I’m not the best at Joomla, but I am unable to get the Teline page to behave the same way the demo does. I’d like the news (content items) display only the content item when clicked, what I get is the content item plus all the content from the front page. how is this configured. see site

http://vinrace.com

Hieu Nguyen Admin

It happen when you set JA News module show on all page. To let JA News show only in homepage:
    In your administrator area go to Modules->Site modules. After that, click JA News. In right section, you will see list of menu, please choose only Home items.

cameron62 Friend

JA-News module is set to show on ‘main menu| home’ page only, that’s the first thing I tried. Where should I check next?

petekan Friend

we made all configuration (and only) in “mainmenu | Home” but the ja-news still appears in all pages. Our website is

http://www.axarquiaactualidad.es

visor Friend

I have the same problem, would you let me know please if you find a fix? I’ve tried also to set the module just to show on my front page but that did not work.

Menalto Friend

<em>@visor 26668 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem, would you let me know please if you find a fix? I’ve tried also to set the module just to show on my front page but that did not work.</blockquote>

An url please?

lgbtnation Friend

<em>@cameron62 25736 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m not the best at Joomla, but I am unable to get the Teline page to behave the same way the demo does. I’d like the news (content items) display only the content item when clicked, what I get is the content item plus all the content from the front page. how is this configured. see site

http://vinrace.com</blockquote>
    http://vinrace.com/

At least someone is ahead of the game, I can’t even add the different module sections!!

visor Friend

Hi, I think I found a solution after looking at the code and playing a while with the module.

First the explanation so that if you encounter a similar behaviour with another module you should know what to do (if you are too lazy to read then just scroll til the “simple explanation”)

Seems that module configuration is based upon mainmenu items. Im not php/joomla hacker whatsoever but this seems to be the behaviour of most (all?) modules

I had this same problem but since im just designing my website I did not add main menu items. Even Menalto (thanks) tried to help me but he found no solution.

What I noticed was that after clicking on a link to a content item the pathway was not shown right. What I mean is that i have several sections and categories for example:

Articles (general)
    Politics
    Culture
    Techology

Those are some of my sections, inside I have some other several categories. So if i clicked for example, in an article heading that belongs to Politics, say “2007 elections” my pathway displayed this:

Frontpage -> 2007 Elections

So that wasnt right since 2007 elections belongs to a section which is called “Politics”. After that just added a link to mainmenu which is “Sections” and then i added “Politics” as a child of Sections so when i pass the cursor over Sections “politics” appear below (and any other link that i put as child of sections)

After I did that i clicked again on 2007 elections and the pathway showed this:

Frontpage -> Sections -> Politics -> 2007 elections

And voila! the module was not displayed

This happens (just a guess) because joomla base its module configuration on the menu items so if you go to the ja news module configuration and see the right pane you see all the menu items. There you can select where you want, and you dont want to show this module. So the logic for the module would be like this:

show me in and not in [unselected menu items]

But since we dont have the section (politics) where the article (2007 elections) belongs to on any menu then the logic becomes

show me in but not in [unselected menu items]

And because the section of 2007 elections article is not on unselected menu items it is “everywhere” so the module will show there. I’ve had this behaviour before with some other modules so this is just pure guessing but it seems to work.

Simple explanation:

You need to put the section/category where your article belongs to in some menu and then unselect it on the module configuration so if you will show “sports” and “politics” news (imagine those are categories or sections) then you should add those sections as menu items (I did on the mainmenu since I wanted to be there anyways) and then go to Modules -> JA News -> Menu articles and unselect all of the sections and categories WHERE YOU DONT WANT THE MODULE TO BE SHOWN!

That should do it for you, it did for me. I hope this helps those of you who were struggling with this.

Gustavo

dpk Friend

this is one way of dealing with it. It’s a consequence of how menus and itemid works in mambo/joomla.

some versions of JA News have settings to deal with this or cope better than others.

railer Friend

That’s almost like the “blog” fix another thread in this forum suggested, also requiring a mainmenu item.

I just figured out this “fix” though I’m not sure how it will affect other aspects of this module’s performance. I noticed that in the URLs for the article titles and Read More links, they all included the number 1 at the end, which signifies the frontpage. So I edited the code as follows and the “/1” is no longer in the URL, which now goes to the article’s full text page, without any of the frontpage stuff — which is what I want for my site.
    Let me know if anyone has any theories or actual outcomes regarding how this might affect the module.

Best,
    railer

1. Open modules/mod_janews.php
    2. Remove ” . Itemid” from the following at or near lines #211 and 543 near the end of the function:

Line #211:
    $link = sefRelToAbs( ‘index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=’. $firstnew->id . $Itemid );

Line #543:
    $link = sefRelToAbs( ‘index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=’. $row->id . $Itemid );

wolfix Friend

<em>@visor 26783 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I think I found a solution after looking at the code and playing a while with the module.

First the explanation so that if you encounter a similar behaviour with another module you should know what to do (if you are too lazy to read then just scroll til the “simple explanation”)

Seems that module configuration is based upon mainmenu items. Im not php/joomla hacker whatsoever but this seems to be the behaviour of most (all?) modules

I had this same problem but since im just designing my website I did not add main menu items. Even Menalto (thanks) tried to help me but he found no solution.

What I noticed was that after clicking on a link to a content item the pathway was not shown right. What I mean is that i have several sections and categories for example:

Articles (general)
    Politics
    Culture
    Techology

Those are some of my sections, inside I have some other several categories. So if i clicked for example, in an article heading that belongs to Politics, say “2007 elections” my pathway displayed this:

Frontpage -> 2007 Elections

So that wasnt right since 2007 elections belongs to a section which is called “Politics”. After that just added a link to mainmenu which is “Sections” and then i added “Politics” as a child of Sections so when i pass the cursor over Sections “politics” appear below (and any other link that i put as child of sections)

After I did that i clicked again on 2007 elections and the pathway showed this:

Frontpage -> Sections -> Politics -> 2007 elections

And voila! the module was not displayed

This happens (just a guess) because joomla base its module configuration on the menu items so if you go to the ja news module configuration and see the right pane you see all the menu items. There you can select where you want, and you dont want to show this module. So the logic for the module would be like this:

show me in and not in [unselected menu items]

But since we dont have the section (politics) where the article (2007 elections) belongs to on any menu then the logic becomes

show me in but not in [unselected menu items]

And because the section of 2007 elections article is not on unselected menu items it is “everywhere” so the module will show there. I’ve had this behaviour before with some other modules so this is just pure guessing but it seems to work.

Simple explanation:

You need to put the section/category where your article belongs to in some menu and then unselect it on the module configuration so if you will show “sports” and “politics” news (imagine those are categories or sections) then you should add those sections as menu items (I did on the mainmenu since I wanted to be there anyways) and then go to Modules -> JA News -> Menu articles and unselect all of the sections and categories WHERE YOU DONT WANT THE MODULE TO BE SHOWN!

That should do it for you, it did for me. I hope this helps those of you who were struggling with this.

Gustavo</blockquote>
    Good work ‘visor’…
    Works for me.
    wolfix

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  wolfix 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum