Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have two JA Bulletin modules setup, assigned to "ja-tabs" position, enabled, set to Public, selected for all pages… but it shows nothing. Nowhere.

The JA Tabs plugin is also installed and enabled.

Is there some other item needed to make this work? I expected it to be a bit more "plug -n- play" than this.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

JA Bulletin modules are showing on your site but I see it shows non-data. I added the new test module (custom HTML module) under ja-tabs position and you will see it’s working fine on your site.

Please try to check the data will show under JA Bulletin modules on your site.

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-07-08-at-11.24.23
    dmu Friend

1) Since posting this and waiting for a reply, I installed the quick start template on another test location. In doing so, I learned how to really use the JA Tabs as the documentation gives 50% of the details… at best. The parts I was missing were not mentioned in any documentation, which was using a custom module with plugin syntax inside to grab the other modules.

2) Yes, since doing the above, the module IS displaying on the site, but with no content. I still have to figure out why. The same exact content is pulling just fine into the News module.

3) I couldn’t start with the quick start package as I’m migrating a massive Joomla site and have way too much content, menus, etc to be mixing it all up with demo site content. I’ll just use the quick start install to figure out how things really work… and what other pieces are missing from the regular template install and download options.

I’ll let you know if we need any further assistance with this or discover anything else worth noting here. Thank you.

dmu Friend

Also, the right module was displaying UNDER the main content area instead to the right. Now it’s where it should be. Did you change something on the site to fix that? If so, what was it? Thanks.

dmu Friend

I still can not get anything to show within "Latest News" or "Most Read". Both are JA Bulletin modules being loaded into the tabs. Even if I load a Bulletin module into the col-mass1 position, outside of tabs, no content displays still. I have tried many different settings… and even when duplicate settings are used as what my quick start install has… I get nothing. Please take a look.

dmu Friend

Found the bug… it is connected to category assignments.

1) This affects JA Bulletin, JA News Ticker, JA Featured News… all of these I’m having issues getting content to display. Same issue with all of them.

2) If I set category assignment to "All Categories", then data WILL show. As soon as I select one or more categories, NO content shows. For our use, going with All Categories is NOT an option. We have to be able to select categories.

Please help to provide a fix for this.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I tried to check the problem on your site but it’s hard to identify this bug, please provide me the FTP account of your hosting via private reply. I will help you check further.

dmu Friend

Just figured it out. We have thousands of articles and many article categories and sub-categories. Articles are assigned to sub-categories, but not the top level categories directly. Your modules do not automatically include sub-categories as other similar modules do. So I’m going to have select every single appropriate sub-category within each of the modules we use to get anything to display. I’d recommend a coding change so subcategories are included… or at least a new parameter to be able to choose if you want them included or not. It’s much easier to include them.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@dmu: Yes, this module loads the content of main categories and not sub-categories. I just checked the URL of your site and now it’s working as fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum