Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Could anyone help me. I have installed JATabs onto the new Kulanite template and it works fine, however I want it to draw content from articles and categories. Having read the user guide, it is not clear to me where i need to insert the following code:

{jatabs type=”articles” ids=”1, 2,3″ view=”introtext” position=”left” widthTabs=150 heightTabs=30 width=”600″ height=”230″ mousetype=”click” animType=”animFade” skipAnim=”false” duration=1000 }{/jatabs}

If this needs to be inserted into the module parameters, there is only custom code for content.

thanks

dwernars Friend

That code would be inserted into content and you would enter the IDs of your own articles

To use the JaTabs module –

1. In Module Manager – click the Ja Tabs Module to open
    2. Set the position to User7 ( left hand side)
    3. on the right hand side, choose ‘module’ from the drop down next to ‘Type Tabs’
    4. Then at ‘Select a Position”, choose ‘ja-tabs’
    5. Now go and create custom modules , set the position to ‘ja-tabs’ and populate with content of your choice.

Marie-Claire Donaghy Friend

Hi Thanks for your reply, however, there is no option for me to select position “ja-tabs” on right hand side underneath type tabs (which I selected module). It is in the list of positions on left hand side but not right hand side for some reason!

dwernars Friend

Okay, then what you need to do is create your custom modules first . When you create custom modules in Joomla 1.5, you define the position you want them in at the same time you create them. So in the new custom module position; type in ‘ja-tabs’, save the module………….then go back to the JaTabs module and you should see the ‘ja-tabs’ position listed on the right hand drop down.

Marie-Claire Donaghy Friend

Hi, thanks for all your help, however, I have followed everything you have said and am having no luck. I will go over what i have done:
    1. In Module Manager – click the Ja Tabs Module to open
    2. Set the position to User7 ( left hand side)
    3. on the right hand side, choose ‘module’ from the drop down next to ‘Type Tabs’
    4. I then created custom module called ja-tabs and selected position ja-tabs
    5. i then went back into original Ja Tabs module and selected position ja-tabs on right hand side which is now appearing after creating custom module.
    6. In the first line of article i wish to appear i inserted the code – {jatabs type=”articles” ids=”1, 2,3″ view=”introtext” position=”left” widthTabs=150 heightTabs=30 width=”600″ height=”230″ mousetype=”click” animType=”animFade” skipAnim=”false” duration=1000 }{/jatabs}
    and all i have on front is ja-tabs title on one tab with no content inside it.

can you see where i have maybe gone wrong? I have followed exactly what you have said!! Thanks a million

dwernars Friend

Put some actual content into your custom module , do not put the code. Test it by pasting an image or maybe just stick some Loren Ipsum ( which is junk text that you can generate from here http://www.lipsum.com/) into the module content section. Then create more custom modules and put some content as above for each new custom module – and make sure you put each new custom module position to ja-tabs.

You can set parameters for the size , type and animation of the tabs in the JATabs module properties.

Get this to work first and then you can change the junk content with real content. Once this works, I can help you with JTabs plugin and the code.

(The code is for when you want to insert tabs in your actual articles by using the JTabs plugin. but you must use your ID number of the articles that are on YOUR website. The ids=1,2,3 is just an example of what parameter you would use with this code)

ivankan Friend

I’ve done everything but still couldnt see anything on the page.
    I created 3 articles with ID 1,2,3 and then put the code on the first line in every article. Is that right ?
    Do i have to set the category or anything else of the article. I put it in publish and show in front page already.
    Thanks heaps

Sherlock Friend

hi ivankan
    Can you send your URL, and say more detail ?

anas Friend

Zero support , no documentation,business as usual:mad:

dwernars Friend

<em>@anas 73775 wrote:</em><blockquote>Zero support , no documentation,business as usual:mad:</blockquote>

I don’t understand why you need to get mad. There is documentation for this and a forum full of support. The cost of these templates is so minimal that I cannot understand what it is that people want ?

anas Friend

No wounder you have 450D, there is no clear documentation for how to use this Tap thing , the other thing i used the what so called Quick Start , they should call it slow start.
    About the cost , i don’t care about the cost they put thier price and i pay for it , so it’s not free , there for it should work and should has clear documentation , i used HiveMind template from RT and i face no problem with the Tap,it was so clear so easy .
    So mind your business

dwernars Friend

<em>@anas 73793 wrote:</em><blockquote>No wounder you have 450D, there is no clear documentation for how to use this Tap thing , the other thing i used the what so called Quick Start , they should call it slow start.
    About the cost , i don’t care about the cost they put thier price and i pay for it , so it’s not free , there for it should work and should has clear documentation , i used HiveMind template from RT and i face no problem with the Tap,it was so clear so easy .
    So mind your business</blockquote>

Ah I can see why you have problems – I thought your were talking about tabs but I now see you’re referring to taps. I cannot find a single reference to taps in the documentation either. I thiink you have the wrong template.

I don’t know what this means = No wounder you have 450D, = do you have documentation to explain it to me?
    The cost is low here for the amount of work that goes into these templates – I know because I create my own and I charge $750 per template.

anas Friend

Call it Ja-Tabs , i call it taps…. http://www.2joomla.net/ see the documentation for 2J Tabs ,,,,clear ,easy .
    I could see that you create your own – No wounder you have 451D- so 451 x 750 = ? sorry there is no documentation for this one

dwernars Friend

<em>@anas 73849 wrote:</em><blockquote>Call it Ja-Tabs , i call it taps…. http://www.2joomla.net/ see the documentation for 2J Tabs ,,,,clear ,easy .
    I could see that you create your own – No wounder you have 451D- so 451 x 750 = ? sorry there is no documentation for this one</blockquote>

What does this even mean?

anas Friend

451 = your downloads.
    I create my own and I charge $750 per template. ??? you said that
    You are club member……

Do get it now>>>>> don’t ask for documentation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  winsoar 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum