Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I know that I’m asking some pretty basic questions here – and I appreciate you tolerating them – gotta learn somehow:-[

Anyway – this will sound completely durrr – but I just can’t seem to progress.

I am trying to figure out the JA Tabs module that’s on quickstart. Like with frontpage and ja news module, I went to the Article manager, to find the article (Neque in nec….) which is contained in the “work for us” tab (it also contains a wee image). The problem is that I simply couldn’t find the article in the Article manager, nor the “Dolor venenatis lorem ipsum” under the 2nd tab called Web Showcase when you look at the front end of quickstart.

I have no idea where to find the article in order to edit it and change the image.

If you could let me know I’d really appreciate it – (I have trawled thru the posts and the JA TAbs user manual, which didn’t help at all). i loaded JA Uvite on my other computer and I couldn’t find the articles. When I look at the source code on Firefox, they are there.

Be gentle with me.

pgraves Friend

We publish stuff to go in the JA Tabs in a module first.
    This module could be of any module type, either Custom HTML or Newsflash are pretty easy, for example.
    Then you publish those modules in module position “JA Tabs”, and each module creates a new tab. Then you Publish the JA Tabs module in a real module position on the page.

You can I think publish article Content in the Tabs as well, though not having done that recently I can’t remember how it goes.
    However I’m pretty sure you just put the articles in a specific category within your site, and then tell the JA Tabs module to display articles from that category ID.
    You can find the ID of a category on the right hand side in the Content – Categories list within Joomla.

The only problem we have is that one you switch on the caching for the site, the JA Tabs module disappears completely, we’re still waiting for an answer on that, but you should be able to at least get to that point if you follow the steps above.

Good luck,
    Pete

pgraves Friend
    gtrew Friend

Thanks for taking the time to reply Peter.

Yes, I did read the linked document, and it was as clear as mud to me.

You stated “You can I think publish article Content in the Tabs as well, though not having done that recently I can’t remember how it goes…..”

On the demo (quickstart) the JA Tabs does have content – but a) where is this content? and b) can one edit it using the wysiwyg editor (like in other modules)? If this is a content management system that you web guys n ladies incorporate into their client’s websites, how do you tell them to manage something like JA Tabs – especially if they are not too well versed in the area of publishing modules (whatever that actually involves etc.)?

Also, do you know of any good tutorials that could help?

I hope I’m not making something way too complicated when, actually, it’s quite strait-forward.

Thanks for your patience and appreciate any input from the community.

scotty Friend

There are several different ways to use Tabs. (Demos here) They can be used in module positions or they can be used in the main content area. They can contain modules, where each tab would show a seperate module, or they can contain articles, or they can contain HTML.

The type that is in the Uvite quickstart is in a module position and it contains 3 customHTML modules (1 for each tab).

So… to edit the content of each tab you must open the corresponding customHTML module. To do that go to AdminBackend>Extensions>Module manger. You will see there are 3 customHTML modules called Work for us, Web showcase, and Features.

To edit the content of these tabs click on their name and scroll to the bottom of the page. Use the editor to edit them the way you would any article. Save your changes and that’s it.

If you haven’t looked already, look at the demo link above. It gives a good explanation of how tabs work.

gtrew Friend

Thank you Scotty – that was perfect – mega helpful and I completely missed the custom output editor, as it was situated at the bottom of the screen (was using a diddy screen at the time).

You are a star, sir 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gtrew 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum