Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I can’t get JA System Social v1.0.3 to work for Facebook and Twitter, yet it works for YouTube. I am running Joomla 2.5.6 on a shared hosting plan at GoDaddy, however, I get the same results in my localhost (Ubuntu, Apache). In Joomla, my SEO friendly URLs are set to YES, URL rewriting is set to YES and I am not adding suffixes to the URLs. My htaccess file has been renamed to .htaccess and here’s the copy:

I would appreciate any information you may have.

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
    #Options +FollowSymLinks
    #Options -MultiViews

## Mod_rewrite in use.
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*([^)]*)
    # Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL.
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR]
    # Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL.
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|{0,2})
    # Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL.
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|{0,2})
    # Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root homepage
    RewriteRule .* index.php [F]
    #
    ## End – Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.

#Emanuel Mozes 9/4/12, add /joomla when ready to go live.
    # RewriteBase /

## Begin – Joomla! core SEF Section.
    #
    RewriteRule .* –
    #
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
    #
    ## End – Joomla! core SEF Section.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,
    I think the error is not caused by htaccess. Could you please give me your url, admin account for check ?

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

I’ve checked your site and could see that it works. Please see “ja-test” category.

You can’t get article from “Facebooks” and “Twitter” because for “Update Article” params, you set “No”.

Now, i set it as “yes”, please check again.

PS : alter check, please delete category “ja-test” for me 🙂 Thank you!

mozese Friend

Thanks! I had checked that as I had tried a number of combinations. One thing I noticed was that the plugin won’t import if there are trashed items in K2. The other thing I noticed was related to the /tmp folder for PHP. I run the site on GoDaddy which is a shared hosting account and with limited PHP parameters. However I set upload_tmp_dir = /home/content/<YOUR ACCOUNT>/html/tmp in php5.ini in the root folder. Thanks again.

mozese Friend

Possible bug? Back to youtube 🙂 I see that it downloads the pictures and uses /images/jasocial_feed to keep the actual image files. In the K2 article, the image is there right on the editor; however, not in the image tab. So when the template is looking at that article, there really isn’t a picture to display. For now I will try updating via the database, but could you confirm this as a bug and perhaps offer a more permanent solution? Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mozese 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum