Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Why does JA System Social Feed plugin keep bring back facebook post from as far back as 2009 after I have delete those articles that are more than 7 days old?

I only want it to bring in new facebook post not old facebook post.
    What am I doing wrong?

Joseph

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joseph,

I just tried to check this plugin in my local site > run cron to import JoomlArt facebook’s feed and it works, is this plugin in your site up-to-date? Could you send me your Facebook ID Page you want to import? I will check it.

joeluvny Friend

Thank you for getting back to be, Yes the JA System Social Feed plugin is up to date, This is a problem I have had ever since I have been using the plugin. I am using it to pull in many different Facebook pages, here is a link to were I am using it http://www.talentlistusa.com/castings.html

So you are telling me that your feeds are always recent and it never pulls in past feeds? Whenever I remove articles that are more than 7 days old the JA System Social Feed plugin puts them back.

Is there a way to automatically unpublish feeds that are more than 7 days old?

Joseph

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joseph,

I’m really sorry for this late response.

<blockquote>Is there a way to automatically unpublish feeds that are more than 7 days old?</blockquote>

I’m afraid not, this plugin helps to import feeds automatically from social site to be static content of your site so that you need to unpublish these content manually.

joeluvny Friend

Shouldn’t that be an options? The plugin keeps maxing out my database and causing my site to crash every 2 days if I don’t trash and delete all the old imports it keeps bringing back and adding as new articles

Saguaros Moderator

Hi joeluvny,

Within this plugin, if you set it to run the cron automatically, you can set the interval and limit the number of feeds will be imported.

Check out this user guide for more info: http://joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-plugins/ja-social-feed

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum