Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JA Sulfur – Userguide

A. Quickstart Installation(Recommended for Joomla Beginners)Quickstart Installation Guideline.B. Template & Extensions installation

I. Install template

II. Install Extensions

Note: We might use the same extension for different templates to enrich the functionality aspects, normally position defined for each extension varies across the templates. When following guides below, please make sure to update module positions if you see any difference.

On our demo, JA Sulfur comes with 4 JoomlArt modules, Kunena and JomSocial components

1. JA Slideshow 2
    2. JA Catslwi module (Category SpotLight With Image)
    3. JA Content Slider
    4. JA Bulletin module

Please make sure all extensions are installed properly. Following extensions are included in download package

Note: [xx] stands for module position and module class suffix

• Position: [ja-slideshow], Module class suffix:{empty} JA Slideshow 2 module
    • Position: [user5], Module class suffix:{empty} JA Catslwi module (Category SpotLight With Image)
    • Position: [right], Module class suffix:[ _relative] JA Content Slider module
    • Position: [user6], Module class suffix:{empty} JA Bulletin module

Reference: JA Sulfur default module positions are available here.

III. Tips to create modules like our demo

(1) Create Custom Module
    The JA Sulfur front-page uses custom modules, including:

• News (position: ja-tabs, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Blog (position: ja-tabs, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Twitter (position: ja-tabs, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Hot albums (position: left, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Sample Image (position: right, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Highlight Module (position: right, module class suffix: [ _hilite] )
    • Twitter (position: right, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Search index (position: user7, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Our services (position: user8, module class suffix: {empty})
    • Support center (position: user9, module class suffix: {empty})

To manage those custom modules, select Extensions >> Module Manager >> Select mod_custom, then click module name, (Eg. Hot albums). In configuration page, you set position: “left” like screen-short below:
    Enable module

Menu assignment

Input module content

See how it works on our demo site

Tips: How to create a custom module

(2) Kunena Component

Kunena in our demo:

Kunena is a third-party component, thus you need to download it from Kunena homepage and follow manual installation steps below:

• Step 1: Download Kunena from Kunena website
    • Step 2: Intall Kunena component ( Learn how to install a Joomla component )
    • Step 3: Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>Kunena Forum >>Kunena Configuration>>choose ja_sulfur for Template and Image Sets parameters as screen short below.

• Step 4: Create new forum categories. Lets go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>Kunena Forum >> Forum Administratioin >> Click New button as screen shot below

You can find out more about Kunena here

(3) JomSocial Component

JomSocial in our demo:

JomSocial component is a commercial product, thus you need to purchase it from Arzul. This component is built in the template for demo purpose only.

• Step 1: Purchase JomSocial from Arzul
    • Step 2: Install JomSocial component ( Learn how to install a Joomla component )
    • Step 3: Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>JomSocial>>Configurations>>Layout>> choose ja_sulfur for Select template parameter as per screen short below:

You can get more information about JomSocial here.

(4) Connecting Kunena and JomSocial components

Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>Kunena>>Kunena Configuration>>Integration>> choose JomSocial for parameters as screen short below:

(5) JA Slideshow 2 module

[position: ja-slideshow]

JA Slideshow 2 in our demo

Backend Settings of JA Slideshow 2 on the Demo Site :
    Go to Administrator page >> Extensions >> Module Manager >> Click New button. We name such instance of the module with following titles: JA Slideshow2 and set parameters like demo:
    Enable and module position:

Menu assignment:

Resource settings:

Stage settings:

Stage settings:

Navigator settings:

Advanced settings:

Tips: How to use JA Slideshow 2 module

(6) JA Category SpotLight With Image
    [position: user5]

This module will show specific content from a category in a very impressive way. JA Category SpotLight With Image in our demo:

Backend Settings of this module on the Demo Site :
    Go to Administrator page >> Extensions >> Module Manager >> Click New button. We name such instance of the module with following titles: What’s new here? and set parameters like demo:

Enable and set module position:

Module parameters:

Image settings:

Advanced settings:

(7) JA Content Slider
    [position: right]

This module slides your contents with category

JA Content Slider in our demo:

We use module style for JA Content Slider: _relative

Backend Settings of JA Content Slider on the Demo Site:
    Go to Administrator page >> Extensions >> Module Manager >> Click New button. We name such instance of the module with following titles: Free photo of the week and set parameters like demo:

Enable module:

Module parameters:

Advanced parameters:

(8) JA Bulletin module
    [position: user6]

JA Bulletin in our demo:

Backend Settings of this module on the Demo Site :
    Go to Administrator page >> Extensions >> Module Manager >> Click New button. We name such instance of the module with following titles: Popular blog post and set parameters like demo:

Enable module:

Content settings:

Image settings:

Advanced settings:

Tip: How to user JA Bulletin

(9) Search, Menu, Login and Who’s online modules

Those modules are Joomla! modules, you only need to go to Admin panel >> Extensions >> Module Manager >> Click New button >> choose module and publish on positions that you want.

• Search module: is published on user4 position
    • Menu module: On demo, we publish mainmenuon left position. In module parameter page, you set Title, Position and choose type of menu will be displayed in Menu Name parameter, thus all menu items of that menu will be displayed on this module.
    • Login module: is published on left position
    • Who’s online module is published on right position

(10) Module Style (Module Class suffix)

• JA Sulfur offers you style of module suffix to help you get different interface for the module. Add the module suffix _hilite to fit the highlight module with your color theme.

• Please follow instructions below to set module class suffix:

• Go to Admin Panel >> Extension >> Modules Manager area and open the module you wish to change the color.
    • Look for “Module Class Suffix”
    • Remember to save the module
    • if you don’t want to use module styles, leave it blank to use default style.

IV. JOOMLART BASICTypography

JA Sulfur came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Sulfur typography here at JA Sulfur Typography

Frequently Asked questions

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_justicia/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.

Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

gorrisai Friend

Hello, I have installed the component but unfortunately I discovered that search engines like Google do not directly re-direct directly to the content-item. Only the root path is shown in the search results.

Does someone know what could be wrong?

Thanks and regards, Ivo

gorrisai Friend

In addition to my previous post, you can find the site @ http://www.yourout.nl.

Ashley Goetz Friend

I’m having a difficult time figuring out how to activate my Twitter account in the template, do I need to edit my settings in the main code of the front page?

baako Friend

Seem the images in this post can not be shown.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi baako

There are some problems with our image server. We are trying to fix it.

I will inform you when our server works fine

fortza Friend

Still not working, cant see the pic. – and thats 2 weeks ago, since I was here last time……NOT got 🙁

sbaldwin Friend

Hi,
    Where can I find a list of supported suffixs to change the module colors? The only one I see listed in the document is _hilite . Also, the documetnation does not show the images. Will this be fixed soon so I can print out the User Guide?

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@sbaldwin 162667 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Where can I find a list of supported suffixs to change the module colors? The only one I see listed in the document is _hilite . Also, the documetnation does not show the images. Will this be fixed soon so I can print out the User Guide?</blockquote>

The below is the suffix list:

• _default
    • _menu
    • _text
    • _hilite
    • _relative
    sbaldwin Friend

Thank you! I assume each one of thses represents a different color. I’ll try it out. This would be great information to put into the module section.

I can’t find how to mark this SOLVED.

Thanks again,
    Sandy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum