Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ja Sugite template, I am unable to find where to edit the link ‘view more info’ in the Articles Category on the front page

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

Hi @camsnsco,

Could you be more specific, what is it d’you want to achieve?
    1. Do you want to change the ‘View More Info’ text into something else ?
    if so.. then go to ja_sugitehtmlmod_articles_category
    end edit three-columns.php (please do make a backup copy before proceeding :laugh:)
    go find

<a class="mod-articles-readmore <?php echo $item->active; ?>" href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>">View more info</a>

(around line 107), and edit the text in red..

2. Do you want to change where the ‘View More Info’ will be linked ?

If so, you just need to assign the proper category.
    Write article in the category comprised of intro text – readmore – and full text

HOpe this help

camsnsco Friend

I saw how to do this in another thread, I’m unable to change the link that ‘view more info’ points to, how do I specify where this links?

camsnsco Friend

mark as solved, thank you. Just had to do as you state in last paragraph.

sushismb Friend

Hello nawainruk,

I am also trying to change the link to the “view more info”.

The problem I see is that, the link doesn’t properly use the URL of the specified category.

Meaning, if the article is in the “services” category, the url I want is “/services/article.html” and not “/article.html.

How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!

Ninja Lead Moderator

@sushismb: Please edit the file templates/ja_sugite/html/mod_articles_category/projects.php and templates/ja_sugite/html/mod_articles_category/three-columns.php, replace this code:
    [PHP]
    <?php if ($params->get(‘show_readmore’)) :?>
    <a class=”mod-articles-readmore <?php echo $item->active; ?>” href=”<?php echo $item->link; ?>”>View more info</a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

With:

[PHP]
    <?php if ($params->get(‘show_readmore’)) :?>
    <a class=”mod-articles-readmore <?php echo $item->active; ?>” href=”<?php echo $item->link; ?>”><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_VIEW_MORE_INFO’); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

And edit the file language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_sugite.ini, add this syntax:

TPL_VIEW_MORE_INFO = "View more info"

About other request ‘Meaning, if the article is in the “services” category, the url I want is “/services/article.html” and not “/article.html” this is default format URL path from joomla core

<blockquote>/menu_item/title_article.html</blockquote>

If you don’t want to use same that, you can use sh404sef component but the best way you can ask them about that before to user this component.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum