Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi, sorry for the silly question, but how does one use this extention? :-[

I can’t find any documentation. I have configured JA Submit and given users front-end author rights, but how do they create an article? There is no button to click.

Thanks

birdoasis Friend

Check to see if you published JA Submit. Just a thought.

JP
    http://www.birdoasis.com/index.php

sig_za Friend

<em>@birdoasis 7089 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check to see if you published JA Submit. Just a thought.
    </blockquote>
    I didn’t know you could publish a component.
    Anyway my solution was to make a link in the menu to the JA Submit component. 🙂
    menu/user menu/new/component/next/JA Submit/save

arkasha Friend

Hello I have installed the ja submit and configured it to work and published it. But there is no chage when I click the submit new’s link that takes me to the intro text and the body. This is in the front end by the way. Im still getting the same as before, when i didnt have the ja submit. nothing changed there. When I go to components from the administrator panel and unpublish the ja submit and go to check that submit new’s link still get the same thing weather I publish or unpublish the ja submit. So its probobly not working because im not seing any change.

I would really apreaciate some one’s help. Can’t solve this problem on my own.

Arkady

ErikThorsen Friend

arkasha, have you created a link to the meny to the JA Submit component? For example to the user menu or any other menu you would like to “attach” it to? You need to do this first. If you have already done this, let me know. Also, if you have a screenshot or live URL would help significantly of course.

jschmitz Friend

Is this component not configurable? For instance, it is quite confusing for a user to be in a subject area, want to submit to that area, click on the submit area, and then have to select, again, in the drop down, the subject area. Shouldn’t that auto select based on where the users is?

I would suggest being able to specifiy different links for different menus within a subject area. On one hand, this is very great but the documentation is completely non-existent. I had to come to the forums to figure out how to get it to work. A simple ‘don’t forget to create a menu to link to this component from your administration panel’ would have solved that at the install point.

I am not sure whether the confusion this component will create is worth the effort. I may just go and make registereed users authors as part of the approval process, that way I can configure submit links by subject area.

At least it installed easily, but thats about as useful as I can see it being, not sure if we will impliment.

J

synaptyc Friend

Okay… I got a JA Submit link created on the User Menu.
    It seems to publish a News article correctly (note: only use an existing category).
    There is no option to publish on the front page! Can someone explain to me how to
    get a newly created article to be automatically published to the front page.:confused:
    Why are these options not default settings in Joomla!
    The Joomla CMS really seems to be pieced together. :((

lupa Friend

I am also just getting started with JA Submit. I’ve read through the above posts and they’ve helped me figure things out. But I’m wondering if no one else sees what I’m experiencing , that when a user in the front end clicks to submit news content, the submit window opens correctly but at the top in big letters are the words “Submit Your News to JoomlArt.com.” I’d love to know how to get rid of that, as I think it will be confusing for users. Thanks for your help

rickdlong Friend

<em>@lupa 11903 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am also just getting started with JA Submit. I’ve read through the above posts and they’ve helped me figure things out. But I’m wondering if no one else sees what I’m experiencing , that when a user in the front end clicks to submit news content, the submit window opens correctly but at the top in big letters are the words “Submit Your News to JoomlArt.com.” I’d love to know how to get rid of that, as I think it will be confusing for users. Thanks for your help</blockquote>
    Go to back end, click components > JA Submit > languages. Change the JoomlArt.com to what every you like

voodooqueen Friend

Hi

I just wanted to know if there was any way of changing the size of the editor box which is used by the user on the front end?

Is there a way to make them smaller?

Thanks

lupa Friend

Slightly delayed, but wanted to say thanks for the help. I really appreciate these forums.

janplk Friend

Problem – How to add ‘Submit News’ Link
    I have successfully installed JA Submit. Can u please tell me how to create a link that allows the user to add content items that approves automatically. I have configured the Auto Approve categories and user levels.

I tried creating a link to the Component, then when user clicks on that i get this error :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in D:SoftwareCMSJoomlacomponentscom_ja_submitja _submit.html.php on line 320

Do i have to install anything else ?

jratunh21 Friend

does anyone know where I can download this component so that I can force users to enter text to keep from spammers from overloading my site with spam and junk?? i can’t find it ANYHWERE:confused:

when u go to configuration from the joomla administrator it will say….
    Use security images to prevent spammer posting?
    You must install and active com_securityimages (ver 1.1.3) prior in order to use this option.

mikaelfs Friend

hi,
    maybe it’s better to download the latest component and modified ja_submit to work with it.

jratunh21 Friend

i have the latest component. i have ja submit ver 2.1 ; the program works excellent too, its just the security image that does not show up. there is a notice under configuration telling me to download the com_securityimages ver1.xx.xx something.. i would figure it’d be on this site..guess not…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  spoonbender 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum