Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Thanks, once again, after downloading another JA template, I have spent days reading through documentation and postings and yet can not find answers to the basics like, where to change the JA Social logo.

Thank you

Phill Moderator

It depends on what colour variation you are using. The image in question is called logo.png with the default being in the template>ja_social>images folder. You can on some templates have different images in the core>themes>yourtheme>images folders but in the case of social I think there is only the one.

The simplest way to find out would be to use Filezilla, or you could search the templates folder or files called logo.png

golfvilla Friend

Of course, after I posted, I found the logo.

golfvilla Friend

Thanks Phill for the help. There is a logo.gif and a logo.png. The JA Social template, as you posted, uses the logo.png file. I found it by looking in the template.css file where it names the file and directory path in the “logo” style definition. Afterward your post came up.

golfvilla Friend

Now, how do I remove, “Welcome to the Frontpage?”

Thank you!

Phill Moderator

Open administrator>language>en-GB>en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini and edit the text below highlighted in red as required

#_________________________Frontend-language___________________________#
    YOU ARE HERE=You are here
    SKIP TO CONTENT=Skip to content
    HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to the Frontpage

golfvilla Friend

Thank you for your help Phill!

It doesn’t seem right to have to edit a file: administrator>language>en-GB>en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini to change verbage on the front page! There should be a control/module/plugin to edit to make the change!!!!

Phill Moderator

Sort of but in this case it is a good idea. The point is you can have different language files so the observer could see it in the correct language. When you simply leave it in the database it is a lot harder to translate.

golfvilla Friend

Yes, but it defeats the whole purpose of Joomla and CMS! It takes way too long to customize a JoomlArt template!

Phill Moderator

I am sure if you can think of a better way then the devs would love to hear it.

Consider a dev who wants to have his site in 5 different languages. The simple method of placing your title in the menu manager would just not suffice so this system is the best possible that they can currently see. All plugins have their own language files. As you know, when you want to add a language in Joomla you simply add a language pack. It is the way Joomla works. All the strings are included in that language and if you want to change any of them you need to edit the files.

rolandg Friend

I also edited the logo. COuld somebody tell me how to edite the image dimesion wich are displayed? With firebug it is a dynamic css file… where do i find the original to edit?

Phill Moderator

Simply go into template managet and under the global tab you will be able to set css optimization to “No”. Then clear the jat3 cache and you will be able to see the css in the original files.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum