Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I did not use the quick-start install because I was using another template. I have searched through the documentation and the forum but was unable to find the answer to my question. I would like to know how the following pages are set up so I could duplicate them:

– Pricing Table page;

– Support page; and the

– Sample Product page.

Thanks!

pavit Moderator

Hi

May i suggest a solution ? maybe you can install on your local a quickstart version of the website and then look at it to copy all needed settings

pavit Moderator

Hi

May i suggest a solution ? maybe you can install on your local a quickstart version of the website and then look at it to copy all needed settings

vineyardseashell Friend

Good morning Pavit,

Thank you for the response. I can create a new website to see how those pages are set up and copy the information over; and I will.

I do have to say, I am somewhat disappointed that the basic page setup for all template pages is no longer provided in the info guides; and the wonderful ability to create a temporary website to explore a new template on the demo website, also seems to have gone by the wayside. Beyond the forum, these were two of the most helpful things I loved about Joomlart.

Thanks again Pavit!

I am off to create a new demo site 🙂

vineyardseashell Friend

Good morning Pavit,

Thank you for the response. I can create a new website to see how those pages are set up and copy the information over; and I will.

I do have to say, I am somewhat disappointed that the basic page setup for all template pages is no longer provided in the info guides; and the wonderful ability to create a temporary website to explore a new template on the demo website, also seems to have gone by the wayside. Beyond the forum, these were two of the most helpful things I loved about Joomlart.

Thanks again Pavit!

I am off to create a new demo site 🙂

pavit Moderator

Hi vineyardseashell

<blockquote>I do have to say, I am somewhat disappointed that the basic page setup for all template pages is no longer provided in the info guides;</blockquote>

I don’t know or maybe i do not remember to which specific page setup are you referring, but all new templates are provided of a documented setup page as for JA Social II template where all required settings are also visually explained with images, everything can be done in a better way , but forum is also manteined to provide support to users having problems with templates settings,
    that’s why i suggested to install the quickstart because in my opinion it is the best and fast way to learn how template works.

<blockquote> the wonderful ability to create a temporary website to explore a new template on the demo website, also seems to have gone by the wayside</blockquote>

It is suspended for now but the discussion is still opened if restore it or not, maybe a poll on this argument can be posted in the next months.

<blockquote>
    I am off to create a new demo site
    </blockquote>

I’m curious to know if this helped you or not

Best regards

pavit Moderator

Hi vineyardseashell

<blockquote>I do have to say, I am somewhat disappointed that the basic page setup for all template pages is no longer provided in the info guides;</blockquote>

I don’t know or maybe i do not remember to which specific page setup are you referring, but all new templates are provided of a documented setup page as for JA Social II template where all required settings are also visually explained with images, everything can be done in a better way , but forum is also manteined to provide support to users having problems with templates settings,
    that’s why i suggested to install the quickstart because in my opinion it is the best and fast way to learn how template works.

<blockquote> the wonderful ability to create a temporary website to explore a new template on the demo website, also seems to have gone by the wayside</blockquote>

It is suspended for now but the discussion is still opened if restore it or not, maybe a poll on this argument can be posted in the next months.

<blockquote>
    I am off to create a new demo site
    </blockquote>

I’m curious to know if this helped you or not

Best regards

vineyardseashell Friend

Hello Pavit,

Yes, I agree that the quick-start is the best and fastest way to install and become familiar with a template. In my case, I could not use the quick-start option for the website I am currently working on.

I have been a member of Joomlart for several years, and I remember the template documentation being very in-depth; showing which modules (and settings), were used on each page, samples of module-suffixes, and the elements used on each page, so one could easily re-create an identical page if needed, for whatever purpose.

Before responding to your remarks, once again I reviewed the documentation for JA Social II and this is what I found:

– Template installation
    – Masthead
    – ACM module
    – Easy Social installation, etc.
    – JomSocial installation, etc.
    – Community Builder installation, etc.
    – K2 installation, etc.
    – Template configuration
    – Build the homepage.

There is nothing in the documentation that references what modules, elements, etc., are used on the other pages of the template.

As far as creating a temp demo site feature as a preview to see how a template functions, please bring it back. It was a great asset and also was a great feature to have access to in order to solve an issue like I am having.

And for the record, yes, your idea was helpful- albeit a pain in the butt to set up; creating a separate website just to find something that I believe should be covered in the template documentation.

Any assistance given in the forum is always appreciated, so thank you again for your help!

vineyardseashell Friend

Hello Pavit,

Yes, I agree that the quick-start is the best and fastest way to install and become familiar with a template. In my case, I could not use the quick-start option for the website I am currently working on.

I have been a member of Joomlart for several years, and I remember the template documentation being very in-depth; showing which modules (and settings), were used on each page, samples of module-suffixes, and the elements used on each page, so one could easily re-create an identical page if needed, for whatever purpose.

Before responding to your remarks, once again I reviewed the documentation for JA Social II and this is what I found:

– Template installation
    – Masthead
    – ACM module
    – Easy Social installation, etc.
    – JomSocial installation, etc.
    – Community Builder installation, etc.
    – K2 installation, etc.
    – Template configuration
    – Build the homepage.

There is nothing in the documentation that references what modules, elements, etc., are used on the other pages of the template.

As far as creating a temp demo site feature as a preview to see how a template functions, please bring it back. It was a great asset and also was a great feature to have access to in order to solve an issue like I am having.

And for the record, yes, your idea was helpful- albeit a pain in the butt to set up; creating a separate website just to find something that I believe should be covered in the template documentation.

Any assistance given in the forum is always appreciated, so thank you again for your help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vineyardseashell 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum