Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When using the JA Social template I cannot register users. I can get to the initial form (name, username, email, password), but once you click ‘next’. I get:

500 – DB function failed with error number 1146
    Table ‘XXXX.jos_fb_categories’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT c.id, c.name FROM (jos_fb_categories as c LEFT JOIN jos_jsgkunena as j ON j.catid = c.id) LEFT JOIN jos_community_groups_members as m ON m.groupid = j.groupid WHERE c.published=1 AND m.approved=1 AND m.memberid=0 ORDER BY c.id

I am not using jos_ as my database prefix. I don’t understand why the template cares about my database anyways. If I use any other template, it works. I have searched the forums endlessly and cannot find a fix. Please help!

Sherlock Friend

Dear rasheemmb,

Did you install the quickstart for JA Social or just template itself ? Seems more like DB issues, did you ask your hosting provider for the issue?

No the template is not affected by the DB prefix.

rasheemb Friend

No I did not install the quick start because I already had everything else installed (joomla and jomsocial). I don’t understand how it can be a database issue. Please help me understand. Let me add more info…

With any other template, even my own created template, I can do all things. With the JA template, I can login with a user that is already created, however, I cannot register a new user. What I get is what I wrote above (the system is looking for a table that is not there). The table is not there, because I don’t have any tables with the jos_ prefix. I changed the prefix during my initial joomla install, and it has been that way evn before i installed the JA Social template. I also uninstalled the template and reinstalled it. Is there something in the jat3 system that assumes the user is always using a jos_ prefix and somehow has the registration looking for it? I don’t know, I have been trying everything. Again, any other template works. Just the JA Social does not.

Phill Moderator

Nope, it does not rely on the jos prefix. Just to prove that after looking at the code I did an install using just the prefix j_ and all is fine. As I am sure you are aware, Joomla requires a table prefix for it to operate correctly.

The table you are referring to is not even part of the JA_Social table structure and appears to be one left over from an old fireboard install you may have had at some point or still have. It could be that that component has not been uninstalled correctly so is still causing problems.

inachus Friend

I am also having the same “500 – DB function failed with error number 1146” error message.

I have installed the JA Social template for my site, and have installed Kunena because I prefer to use it rather than Agora, and when I click on the Kunena menu on the site, this error message pops up. I have looked practically everywhere, without success. It is frustrating.

Can anybody please assist? 🙁

Thanking you kindly.

————–

This matter has been resolved!! For me anyway… After countless google searches etc. to find a solution, I decided to contact my Hosting company; the Hosting company with the best customer support in the world, seriously, “HostGator”. One of their Administrators managed to fix the Kunena error message problem for me. If you are interested, this is what he did:

“Go to Components->Kunena Forums->Configuration. Then go to the tab ‘Integration’. The error message indicated that the database table missing was related to Community Builder. All the Integration Options were set to ‘Auto Detect’ but this obviously wasn’t working, so I went through all the drop-downs in the Integration Options and selected something else”.

What a genius! He was a Lifesaver for me. I hope this helps you if you had a similar problem and was frustrated because you could not find the answer anywhere.

Best wishes! 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

@inachus, did you enable the Mootool upgrade Plugin ? because the latest version of the kunena component used the mootool 1.2,

If possible ,please disable the Optimize JS via the template’s configuration, and provide me the link to the site and then let me check this

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum