Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Solved with hard CSS work 🙂

Hello again 😉
    After readmore resolved problem, I notice that JA Slideshow 2 module is allways seen, even when I choice only frontpage on “Select menu item from list” in menu assignment.

I want that the module work only on frontpage. But when I click on read more, I have the article and the module stays at Top. what I have to do please ?

Thanks

1. menu-assignment
    histeriks Friend

<em>@farajrifai 165483 wrote:</em><blockquote>Solved with hard CSS work 🙂

Hello again 😉
    After readmore resolved problem, I notice that JA Slideshow 2 module is allways seen, even when I choice only frontpage on “Select menu item from list” in menu assignment.

I want that the module work only on frontpage. But when I click on read more, I have the article and the module stays at Top. what I have to do please ?

Thanks</blockquote>

For your situation, you would have to create a menu item, for example, blog category view of the category which contains that article, and then deselect your module on that menu item in modules assignment section. This is quite annoying, i know. There are workarounds, such as for example, creating a hidden menu and using it to select/deselect module’s assignment on it.

Modules assignment which is dependent on menus only is one of Joomla’s most irritating features, if you ask me.
    What i would recommend is this lifesaver extension (i usually install it on every website i create with Joomla, together with JCE and few others). It’s called Advanced Module Manager, and you can download it here.
    It allows you to manipulate modules assignments quite nice, for example, you can select to display or exclude (exclude is it’s greatest feature) certain module not just based on menus, but also on certain article, components, sections, categories etc.

Give it a try 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  histeriks 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum