Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’ve read a number of tickets about the Save and Close issue. I can create a new module by cloning it, but when I try to save changes, it fails. Based on what I’ve read:

Permissions on the helper.php script is set to 755.

Firebug show a 403 forbidden error, result undefined. I’ve attached a screenshot. I’ve opened a ticket with the hosting company just to make sure there is not a server configuration problem.

A couple of the posts suggest upgrading to the latest version. I’m using 2.7.4 but the Joomlart updater shows 2.7.5 as the latest version. There appears to be no way to download that version even though I have the correct paid subscription.

The Joomla version is 3.4.5

I’m using admin tools Web Application Firewall. I have set up an exception for mod_jaslideshow but that seems to have no impact.

Please note the login URL is unique. I keep access to the login area whitelisted but it is currently disabled to allow access. I get daily exploits from idiots using dictionary attacks.

I can also provide the .htaccess file but I don;t want to post it in a public ticket. However, because of the access level you can check it in admintools

ejaythree Friend

Please note:

Check the attached image: The slide show is inserting a second slash in the URL before the module folder

http://bytewriter.com//modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php?jaction=save&profile=fubix-top

I don;t think the server can parse that

ejaythree Friend

Please note:

Check the attached image: The slide show is inserting a second slash in the URL before the module folder

http://bytewriter.com//modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php?jaction=save&profile=fubix-top

I don;t think the server can parse that

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

There is something wrong with your site, I tried to check version of JA Slideshow module (via JA Extension manager component) but it always redirect to Admin Tool component interface. The same happens when I accessed any other parts in back-end.

Did you try to clone your site in local host and check how it goes?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

There is something wrong with your site, I tried to check version of JA Slideshow module (via JA Extension manager component) but it always redirect to Admin Tool component interface. The same happens when I accessed any other parts in back-end.

Did you try to clone your site in local host and check how it goes?

ejaythree Friend

I was able to check the version in JA extension manager. It’s 2.7.5. It did not redirect me to admin tools. When I checked via extensions > manage, it showed the same version number.

The site was built on dev.bytewriter.com and replicated to bytewriter.com when it was complete several months ago. None of the other extensions are behaving oddly.

When I checked the user account I created for you, it listed you as a registered user AND a super user. I removed you from the registered users group to see if that would change the behavior.

I also tested other JA extensions and they all save and close correctly.

Do you think I should try to uninstall Ja slideshow and reinstall it?

ejaythree Friend

I was able to check the version in JA extension manager. It’s 2.7.5. It did not redirect me to admin tools. When I checked via extensions > manage, it showed the same version number.

The site was built on dev.bytewriter.com and replicated to bytewriter.com when it was complete several months ago. None of the other extensions are behaving oddly.

When I checked the user account I created for you, it listed you as a registered user AND a super user. I removed you from the registered users group to see if that would change the behavior.

I also tested other JA extensions and they all save and close correctly.

Do you think I should try to uninstall Ja slideshow and reinstall it?

ejaythree Friend

I forgot where Joomlart is located. I generally use GeoIP to block everything except the US. I discovered that when I saw a security exception from your country. I whitelisted your IP. You should also use this URL for logins:

http://bytewriter.com/administrator/index.php?OjrkXu6dLdF1HRc with the your existing credentials.

Sorry about that. Please let me know if you have further problems accessing the site.

ejaythree Friend

I forgot where Joomlart is located. I generally use GeoIP to block everything except the US. I discovered that when I saw a security exception from your country. I whitelisted your IP. You should also use this URL for logins:

http://bytewriter.com/administrator/index.php?OjrkXu6dLdF1HRc with the your existing credentials.

Sorry about that. Please let me know if you have further problems accessing the site.

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me the ftp account of your site, I will take a closer look at code as I see the JS error when saving settings.

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me the ftp account of your site, I will take a closer look at code as I see the JS error when saving settings.

ejaythree Friend

any update?

ejaythree Friend

any update?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

It took lots of time to find out the culprit of issue on your site. The file permission on your site is fine but the ‘Admin Tools’ component blocks access from JA Slideshow module folder, I just add exception for this module in settings of Admin Tools: http://prntscr.com/8z6bwq

And it works now, kindly take a look.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

It took lots of time to find out the culprit of issue on your site. The file permission on your site is fine but the ‘Admin Tools’ component blocks access from JA Slideshow module folder, I just add exception for this module in settings of Admin Tools: http://prntscr.com/8z6bwq

And it works now, kindly take a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ejaythree 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum