Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

My slideshow is not working properly on my fresh installation of Ja Nerine quickstart,

1) The grey boder is not showing around the slideshow
    2) the nav bar is separated from the images by about 15 px
    3) the pause/play images do not display in IE

I fixed the ja-slideshow.js to display the images but the ones that come out are nothing like the demo (all i want are the words play and pause)

please help.

Don

Menalto Friend

can you post your live site url and a screenshot of the setup of the slidehow?

gbreckley Friend

I am experiencing similar problems

url – http://www.rialtopd.com/joomla

would also like just the words, not the icons as they dont looks as good as the plain text in the live demo in my opinion.

Greg

don_juan667766 Friend

Here it is:

http://www.dtglobal.net

1. screenshot
    Menalto Friend

There is some errors in this package for joomla 1.5, if you look at this here:

ja-slideshowwrap
    This is the div that holds the grey border, and in the css file its called this here:

#ja-slideshow-wrap
    Will never work…
    what you can do is to try to change this here in the css file:

div#ja-slideshow-wrap {
    background: #4F4F4F;
    border: 3px solid #CACACC;
    overflow:hidden;
    width:98%;
    }

into:

div#ja-slideshowwrap {
    background: #4F4F4F;
    border: 3px solid #CACACC;
    overflow:hidden;
    width:98%;
    }

does that solve some of your problems?
    Btw, i just notified the developers about this and hope they fix this in the downloadsection soon.

don_juan667766 Friend

the code works but there are a few more problems:
    width:98% does not fit the images, nor does width:99%. so i resized the images to width=666px. Then the frame fits the images better:

here is my zip file with the resized images (copy them to the images/resized/images/stories/slideshow folder.

ALSO:

the play/pause.png images in the “ja-slideshow.js” under modules/ja_slideshow point ot the wrong folder (modules/ja_slideshow…) which does not exists.

you have two choices:

CHOICE 1: open ja-slideshow.js, and point the links to: modules/mod_jaslideshow/ja_slideshow/img…Then replace the file (you might be able due to permissions so you’ll have to unistall, replace the file, zip it, and install)

CHOICE 2: just create a new folder to where the image links are pointing to: modules/ja_slideshow/img. Copy and paste the images to that folder. (much easier shortcut)

I also redid the pause and play pngs (they are kind of ugly) to only show the images in text. HERE are the files.

here is my site for you to check out: http://www.dtglobal.net

Don

don_juan667766 Friend

You can put this issuse to rest as it is solved. 🙂

Menalto Friend

i added this post and problem to the bug tracker, so i hope thye update the package soon. atleast give out a notice about it.

yodajones Friend

I just downloaded Ja Nerine on Nov. 28th 2008 and the Slideshow bug still exists in the quickstart zip file.

Does anyone know if this problem is being addresses or if there are corrected files that I can download?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  yodajones 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum