Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The title and description for the images in the slideshow are appearing underneath (both below and behind) the pictures. (I have the descriptions turned off until tomorrow on the live site, so if you go there now you won’t see them.).

Do I need to name my pictures something (bg or something) for them to become background images? Does the div with the description in it need a z-index property added?

I am using Joomla 3 and Mitius template. Latest version of Slideshow (not the light version).

It’s on the home page of this site: http://musicprosmanitoba.ca

Thanks!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @trombonegirl,

The temporary admin account didn’t work, could you please recheck so I can enable description and have a look at the problem ?

trombonegirl Friend

Done! I enabled descriptions, too.

Enclosing screen capture. You can see the text under the picture (I grabbed the shot just as one image was transitioning to another).

Want to make sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the way we are naming images, which is just a “regular” file name (no “bg” etc.).

1. example-of-captions-not-showing-up
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @trombonegirl,

Please open file root_folder/templates/ja_mitius/css/custom.css and add this code :

.maskDesc {
    z-index: 1;
    }

trombonegirl Friend

EDIT – It’s working now.

Hi there. Thanks for that.

I noticed this a.m. that the slideshow and the text had been switched (the slidenews and slideshow). Did you do that? Just FYI, I want the pictures/slideshow content to be on the right, in the smaller container, so that our portrait-sized images will still look okay on a phone. The text will go on the left. I went into the layout of the template style and switched the slideshow to slidenews and vice-versa. But if it makes more sense to leave the slideshow module on the left and switch where the modules are stored, I could do that too. Not sure what effect, if any, this all has on the CSS for this template.

Thanks!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @trombonegirl,

Could you please provide a temporary FTP account (not Joomla! admin account) via private reply so I can adjust this part for you ?

trombonegirl Friend

Oh, sorry, I didn’t understand what you need. Sure, I’ll PM you that info.

Here is where the site is now:

The two modules in question, the slideshow and slidenews, have the content assigned where I want it to be. That is, the text is in the larger module on the left, and the slides are in the smaller module on the right. I’ve assigned the large/left module “slidenews” and the small right module “slideshow”.

BOTH of these modules are disappearing at smaller screen widths. I’ve made the above changes but that didn’t seem to do anything (the changes were made days ago, so it’s not a caching issue). This is the issue that needs fixing.

The text is styled in custom.css to now correctly show the captions on top of the image, so that’s solved.

Thanks for your help.

Karin

Adam M Moderator

Hi Karin,

I’m still waiting for FTP account as mentioned in another topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum