Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am a joomla newb so forgive me. I have checked the forums and haven’t found anything specific to this question. If the answer is already out there please redirect me.

I am trying to run JA Slideshow with the JA Nerine template. It works fine and looks great in Firefox, and Opera. The slideshow does not run in Internet Explorer. It appears to be stuck on the first picture.

Here is the site: http://crossroadsct.org.previewdns.com

any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciate

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Check the JA_Slideshow module parameters. I’m seeing that a width parameter is set for 673 pixels…which is causing a big push to the right (albeit hidden). But it’s the hidden stuff that throws IE a little goofy.

Pull the 673px wide down to around 435px (the width of your images)…and see if that doesn’t clear it up.

If not, get back with us.

Have fun!
    john.

tkay3 Friend

Hey John, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. I did as you suggested and pulled the width way back and the photos do not progress There is a grey area below and to the right of the photos.

I didn’t notice this previously but in internet explorer there is a page error message in the bottome left hand corner. Here are the details of the error messages as displayed in the debugger::

Object doesn’t support this property or method mootools.js, line 31 character 104
    Type mismatch. mootools.js, line 41 character 1001
    Object doesn’t support this property or method mootools.js, line 43 character 180
    Element.Properties’ is null or not an object mootools.js, line 38 character 1181

I am at a total loss. Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry about the Mootools error if you are seeing them only in IE. At the moment I’m thinking they are related to the “Preview” DNS popup that shows up when you go to your site in FF…but doesn’t show in IE7…and I think the error is related to that popup. Any plans to get rid of that in the near future?

John.

Still looking into the issue…but found one small issue that needs correcting.

In template.css (line 884)

.ja-menu-right {
    background:transparent url(../images/mainnav-right1.png) no-repeat scroll right bottom;
    display:block;
    float:left;
    height:28px;
    width:32px;
    }

Change to:

.ja-menu-right {
    background:transparent url(../images/mainnav-right1.png) no-repeat scroll right bottom;
    display:block;
    float:left;
    height:28px;
    width:30px;
    }

The image is actually 30×28.

Back to looking.
    John.

tkay3 Friend

John,

that pop-up is a godaddy thing. I assumed that when I made the site go live it would go away. I’ll check and see if I can get rid of it that prior to going live.

I will change the width dimension as you suggested above.
    Thanks for your continued help.

tk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tkay3 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum