Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi guys…

I seem to be having some weird cache or some other issue with my slideshow.

I have one slideshow module set up and is looking great on this product page.
    Example showing all images in a new created slideshow module:

I started creating another product page, with the same template and set up, but with different images in the slideshow and I’m running into this issue:

– When I create a new JA Slideshow module, I select my /joomart/slideshow folder. At this point, everything looks fine, and all of the images display in my module “gallery” area.

Here is the problem: AFTER I save it, and go back in the module to edit or change some text in the description, either A. Only some of the images show up (not all) or B. they all disappear.

Example of missing images:

I’ve tried clearing cache and using different browsers and still have the same issue.
    Can someone look into this for me?

Ideally, I’d like to use the slideshow on all of my product pages, but this has been setting me back a bit.
    Thanks so much in advance 🙂

1. Screen-Shot-2014-08-29-at-11.10.53-AM
    2. Screen-Shot-2014-08-29-at-11.04.11-AM
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I guess the description in each image added with text greater than 254character and it overflowed due to number of character in $_POST and $_GET method.

I just tested with some text (less 254 characters) in three description in JA Slideshow Lite module and it’s working fine.You can check it again, let me know if you need any help

bttrobin Friend

Sorry, I forgot to update this with the holiday and all.
    I’m still having the same issue. I even checked on all of the EDIT tabs to make sure no text was in there that’s too long, as was mentioned above.

I even just updated my Firefox thinking it may have still been a cache issue, but when I went back in the module, all the images still aren’t showing up.

Any additional help is muchly appreciated 🙂

Just to re-iterate on the info:
    Working SlideShow Page (module name: Slideshow – Classics)
    NON-Working Slideshow Page (module name: Slideshow – Paris)

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m not sure what did you do on that. I just opened both modules and copy all text and description from Slideshow – Classics paste to Slideshow – Paris and it’s working fine, you can check it here

bttrobin Friend

Hi Ninja and Team!

Thank you for fixing the weird text / off positioning – I do appreciate that!

However, I’m still having an issue with the module showing all of the images in a folder.
    For instance, when I create a NEW JA Slideshow module, and select the Slideshow foler for images, all of the images display ok:

If I save the new module and go back in it, just like with the Paris-Slideshow module, all the images do not show up:
    (see, it’ missing a few, like the gold and black duck)

So that is the really strange part – I’m stumped why it’s not saving/showing all the images in the folder now.

Thanks again for your continued support – you’ve been great.
    Looking forward to finishing this site.

1. newmodule
    2. paris-module
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can use other way to duplicate the module and not use save & new button. Because I see all module JA Slideshow Lite module point to the same folder image with the same config setting that’s why the selected image in module did not work

I’m always using this way to duplicate the same module.

Go to Admin site -> Module Manager -> select the module and click duplicate button

1. duplicate_module
    bttrobin Friend

Hi!

I’m still having the same issue, even when I create a new slideshow module or duplicate the existing one, from your previous suggestion above.

I noticed that when I create a new module and go to replicate the settings of the working module, the images disappear out of the same exact “slideshow” folder, even when changing the Slideshow Type from Fade to Custom.

Here is what the module displays when it’s set on the default settings from the install (just with my images):

Here is what happens, when I create a new module (or duplicate), and go to change the Fade to custom to replicate the existing one:

Also, if I save a new module, and go back into it, the images disappear again.

This is so weird.
    Any help would be immensely appreciated so I can finish this site 🙂

Cheers

Editing for updated info / references:
    Working Slideshow Page. Module called: Slideshow – Classics

Non Working Slideshow Page. Module called: Paris – Slideshow – Test

1. custom
    2. fade
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Like as I said before, I see both module on your site are set to focus with New_Site/images/joomlart/slideshow folder with the same configuration.

You can try to create different folder to work for each JA Slideshow Lite module. Let me know if it helps

bttrobin Friend

Thanks so much.
    I noticed that when I created a folder within the same slideshow folder, it still gave me the errors.

However, when I moved the folder to the images root, it works fine now.

Thanks for your patience, time and support!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bttrobin 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum