Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I surrender. After reading this thread (and the documentation), I tried in every way to get the opening article on a different page than the homepage. But I failed

These are my steps:

– I created a category
    – I created an article within the category
    – I opened Ja Slideshow module and I just changed the category to “Category Selection”.

Everything seems to work but the page opens on the homepage.

Please, help me to understand

TomC Moderator

Can you, perhaps, explain with a bit more detail exactly what it is you are wanting to accomplish?

fiumeciane Friend

Sure. If you look at the JA Biz demo template, you’ll notice that if you click “be involved”, the article opens on a different page than the homepage.

If you click on my website, on the phrase “Perchè avere un sito web?”, You’ll notice that news will open the homepage.

I hope I have explained better this time

Mall Friend

@ fiumeciane,

I did reply to you via ticket system (ID: GZA-417-82599). Below is my answer for your information:

I had the issue fixed, your SlideShow works fine now.

With a Category, we need to create corresponding menu item. I helped to create ‘imprint’ menu with menu type: Articles » Category Blog .

cjyeager1 Friend

Can you fix this for me please!

thanks

Mall Friend

@cjyeager1,

Please provide me the credentials to access your website, I will have a look at your issue.

nasirahamed Friend

@Mall,

Hi,

I’ve the same issue, can you please explain more details how did you do it. I cannot provide you my credentials as I am working on localhost in my local computer.

I am not clear here as you said “With a Category, we need to create corresponding menu item.” what do you exactly mean by that?

Thanks
    Nasir

nasirahamed Friend

Hi,

I got it sorted by creating a new menu named ‘news’ by selecting ‘Menu Item Type’ category blog and select blog as slideshow category. Now, all slideshow links are opening in new windows.

Thanks
    Nasir

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nasirahamed 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum