Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I am using the JA Slideshow Module and cannot get the images to update. The first images that I uploaded are still showing even though I upload new images in the same location and with the same name. I have emptied Safaris cache and T3’s cache. What am I missing?
    The url is: http://logomotive.se/joomla/
    Cheers,
    Peter

pavit Moderator

Hi peterdigit

It’s difficult for me to understand what happen without an access at your backend

Could you send me via PM the admin login details ?

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi peterdigit

I have uploaded an image sl-3.jpg in the images/stories/intro/slideshow folder and the Ja_slideshow module is working correctly

Can you check please ?

peterdigit Friend

Ok, I see it. Can you now change it and see if the change takes effect?

You can take a look at the images sl-1 and sl-2 in the “images/stories/intro/slideshow”-folder. The are not the same as those viewable on the site.

pavit Moderator

Done

I have uploaded another image and the module has taken the new image

If your module is configured to use images 920×300 and you upload images 920×300 you don’t need to use the Using crop option in advanced settings of module but use image source and it works fine

peterdigit Friend

Ok, updating images seem to work now, thanks, but you have erased all the settings I had in the module so now I can’t get the texts to display properly. Where can I find the demo settings again?

So to conclude, it must have been a setting in the JA Slidesshow module that hindered the new images from displaying, or what? Then which setting was it?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>but you have erased all the settings I had in the module so now I can’t get the texts to display properly. </blockquote>

I’m sorry but i have only modified the Advanced options of the module

anyway you can find a guide here is for J1.5 but is valid for J1.7 too, look at the backend settings

<blockquote>So to conclude, it must have been a setting in the JA Slidesshow module that hindered the new images from displaying</blockquote>

In the Advanced options–>Thumbnail Mode of the module, i have changed Using crop to Using image source that’s all

peterdigit Friend

Ok, so now we know that this problem can be fixed in the “Advanced Options” of the JA Slideshow module.
    Setting “Thumbnail Mode” to “Using Image Source”. The other two values stops updated images from showing.
    Maybe something for the developers to look into?

Thanks Pavit. Couldn’t find any backend settings following the link you posted 🙁

Cheers,
    Perter

pavit Moderator

Try to look at this link

peterdigit Friend

Yes, exactly, thanks.

techvenue Friend

Hello,

I’m glad you’re on this solution path – but I have the same settings, cleared caches and still don’t have new image files picked up and displayed fresh. Is this solved, and if so, how did you do it? Thanks.:confused:

peterdigit Friend

Just wondering … in the JA Slideshow Module in the “Advanced Options”, did you set “Thumbnail Mode” to “Using Image Source” and then cleaned the JAT3 Cache?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  peterdigit 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum