Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

when i put the #url in the parameter, in the url, i have some character like =,&, it doesn’t work. how can i solve them??

gregory3 Friend

Seems to be a common problem now. One work around is to make your links SEF. “Search engine Friendly” Of course this doesn’t work for me. You can see what was suggested in my post and try it. Hope it works better for you.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/slideshow-links-dont-work/

gregory3 Friend

Whats the possibility of getting a reply from someone who actually works here? Who built this extention? Why do the administrators / Developers refuse to respond to technical issues like this? This is so frustrating to see issues like this go unsolved and not even looked at by the people we are giving our hard earned money to. Am I the only one extremely frustrated by the lack of support? Why is it you only see fluff in the customer testimonials and so many issues that go unresolved?

ShannonN Friend

gregory3;20036Whats the possibility of getting a reply from someone who actually works here? Who built this extention? Why do the administrators / Developers refuse to respond to technical issues like this? This is so frustrating to see issues like this go unsolved and not even looked at by the people we are giving our hard earned money to. Am I the only one extremely frustrated by the lack of support? Why is it you only see fluff in the customer testimonials and so many issues that go unresolved?

I’d love to help but haven’t used the template mod and really don’t have anymore clue than you d, and prolly many here that play support are in a similar position its not we wont help it’s often in my case i don’t have a clue

agree the ppl who make it have a duty to provide support

gregory3 Friend

That was in no way geared towards you or any of the others who don’t have anything to profit by helping others here. You help out a lot on these forums and I have a lot of respect for you and what you do. My frustration is with the people I actually pay to have this membership ignoring me and so many others.
    I appreciate the help I have gotten from others here that have in no way proffited from such help, I am very greatful for that.
    If it wern’t for you ShannonN and a few others here that bend over backwards to help people out, this club would go under. The administrators / Moderators Owe you a great deal if not a cut of the profits.

dark helmet Friend

Hmmm…I just purchased a membership. I hope a lack of support is not the trend here.

ShannonN Friend

dark helmet;20424Hmmm…I just purchased a membership. I hope a lack of support is not the trend here.

support is fine here as long as you don’t expect an answer within 10 mins I’m in Australia 17 hrs time diff to states so as often happens I’m asleep when these requests are made
    also I urge ppl to try a few things themselves before posting and no questions on Joomla operation or admin functions like adding a module etc etc these are not template based support but regard Joomla keep that in mind and we’ll do alright

dark helmet Friend

I appreciate all your help Shannon. You seem to be one of the most visible members here. I really just want my site to look like the demo. After all, that is why I purchased a membership, not to fiddle with this and that. I can add content and graphics very well but will never claim to know PHP or any sort of thing.

ErikThorsen Friend

@dark helmet,

If you know how to add modules, know your way on creating a new menu item and so on ( in other words, know your joomla backend at a basic or moderate level ) then you will have close to no problems. Problems usually arise when people want “additional” stuff added. Getting what the template shows is not a problem, however, if you add additional components, modules and so on, these might sometimes interfere. This is not the fault of the template provider. Joomlart and its community tries to help anyone, no matter how basic the question is but people should take into consideration that if everyone needs help with adding news item to their template, then Joomlart and the community would not find time to create any new templates at all but just sit here and do support.

Not meant as an attack on anyone posting simple questions or advanced questions, just a sort of reply to dark helmet on why some people think support is not the best around here.

Personally I have had pretty much all my support questions answered and as you can see, I have answered a few myself..

It’s not like we are paying 500 USD a year for support here. We pay like 40 USD and for that we get fresh templates and FORUM support.

I am sure if we all paid 200 USD each, support would be a lot better in here. If you know what I am saying.

ShannonN Friend

dark helmet;21276I appreciate all your help Shannon. You seem to be one of the most visible members here. I really just want my site to look like the demo. After all, that is why I purchased a membership, not to fiddle with this and that. I can add content and graphics very well but will never claim to know PHP or any sort of thing.

Paritti comes with a quickstart installer that puts it exactly like the demo I made a tutorial on how to install the quickstart package that will get you what you need?

dark helmet Friend

Okay. I appreciate both of you chiming in. I am competent when it comes to configuring Joomla and I have even setup a 1.5 version site even though that version is not stable, albeit 1.5 is much easier to manipulate.

Kudos to the developers and support staff for creating and supporting these impressive layouts, much better in my opinion than other template sites. I get frustrated probably no more than some others here when trying to get a site up ‘right-now’ with all the features seen in the demo. Maybe “excited” would be a better word.

I completely agree with ErikThorsen. The cost is significantly lower than elsewhere, and again, I believe the quality is much better.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dark helmet 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum