Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Basically, I am a happy user of JA SlideShow Lite, running on the following site with JA Mero template :
    http://www.upc-bvk.be

I use the very last version of T3, JA Mero & JA Slideshow Lite (of course 🙂
    Fine.

Still I face a strange problem : whenever I edit one of the slides (like changing even a single a word in the text), clicking then on “update”, clicking then on Save… the *entire* configuration of the module is *fully* reset (even the choice of directory for the images).

When I delete my module and I create a new one from scratch, I edit each slide, clicking then on Update for each and clicking then on Save at the end… then it works.

So why this and what should be done to avoid this reset problem ??

PS : I have seen somewhere in other threads that there are sometimes access problems causing troubles.
    My folder is set on 755 and my pictures on 604 (writing this, I realise there is also a Thumbs.db file in my directory, but this shouldn’t be the cause of the problem I guess).

Ninja Lead Moderator

I tried to test with the problem as you mentioned but I could not duplicate it. Could you clarify for me step by step to reproduce it?

woluweb Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Hum hum, it is 1 AM and I leave at 7 AM for a couple of weeks of holiday, so I am running short of time to duplicate my website to let you “play” with it (I say duplicate because since last week it is in “production”).

So let’s make a solution in 2 steps :

1. could you please already tell me : when saving the module, where are all the parameters saved to ? (into database, into some .ini file, …) ? In the short run, this would help my customer making updates of his slideshows without risking breaking the site in my absence 🙂

2. after my holiday, I will take the time to duplicate the website, so that I can screencast or show the problem and let you play with the duplicate website

Txs a lot for your help, Ninja Lead.

Marc

PS : by the way, I still don’t receive notifications when new posts are posted on my threads. Is it a bug or is it me ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Marc,

When I duplicate JA SlideShow Lite module it will clone it to two Module ID difference and store it into database. About change config module doesn’t override to other module, I just tested it again

With the problem doesn’t receive notifications from my replied maybe it was gone to trunk your mail, please move it to inbox mail, you will receive notifications my replied next time

Regards

leomiranda Friend

I have the same problem, but I have a one Module.

The all reset happens ONLY if I edit ALL titles or description. It is as if there is a crash and reset all.

I am using the JA Beranis Quickstart.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@leomiranda 383871 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem, but I have a one Module.

The all reset happens ONLY if I edit ALL titles or description. It is as if there is a crash and reset all.

I am using the JA Beranis Quickstart.</blockquote>

Please pm me url, admin access of your site and include a screenshot and description on that particular screenshot on what you would like to do. I shall check it for you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@leomiranda: I have tested and input TITLE and DESCRIPTION in JA Slideshow Lite module on your site and it works well, you can check and edit them to another.

leomiranda Friend

No, you did not edit ALL items!

As I explained several times, the problem only happens editing ALL items.

Please, test it.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Apologies for this late response, somehow I missed this thread. This is bug our product, I have raised this bug to dev team here. They will fix and release it next version

ulrikt Friend

Listening in on this thread…. I’ve got the same problem when editing all 5.
    I’ve got no problem editing nr 1,2,3,4 but when editing nr 5 ( been doing this also in random order with the same result) it resets it self and i can start all over….

Is there at fix for it now or should I just let i go? :((

I am using Ja Zite BTW

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi ulrikt,

Please pm me URL of your site, admin login info and ftp account. I shall help you to solve this problem

Regards

ditser Friend

Hi,

I have the same problem, I can edit images to 5 but when I try to edit No. 6 the module reset.

Thanks in advance

woluweb Friend

Hi ditser & everybody,

A few days ago, Joomlart released an update of JA Slideshow Lite. It says it solves this bug (of resetting all slides when editing).
    I have installed, but had only 2 minutes to test. From this little test, it seams to work, but it would deserve a more thorough testing.

Still, the best you can do is update the extension… and let us know whether it is OK 🙂

ditser Friend

Hi,

I tested and it works fine in Joomla 3.1 but, I tried to upload the new version of the module in joomla 2.5 and the problem is the same.

thanks,

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ditser 393906 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I tested and it works fine in Joomla 3.1 but, I tried to upload the new version of the module in joomla 2.5 and the problem is the same.

thanks,</blockquote>

If possible, you can pm me URL of your site and admin access. I shall check this problem directly on your site for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum