Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am developing a new site, for the first time with JA Purity.
    Quite strange it does not ship with Joomlart’s Slideshow module, but anyway.

I have installed JA Slideshow Lite, which I do know very well.
    I have selected Corporate Layout
    Even if “slideshow” position does not appear in the list, I type it manually
    … and… great : my module shows 🙂

Still I have a problem : the width of the slideshow is full screen, while I want to limit it to the width of the content of the site.

How to make this ?

Txs in advance !

Marc

(besides this, T3 has recently changed with that new /templates/my_template/local directory, and I am not sure my old habits of customizing custom.css would still work)

Eragon H Friend

Hi woluweb,

1. The Slideshow Lite only show in the content area in my case (see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/4jhzmg)

Can you share your site url and admin account by PM, I can have a look.

2. Yes, the custom.css still work

Best regards

woluweb Friend

Hi Eragon !

— 1. width of slideshow position —

Txs for your test.
    Can you please tell me which *position* of which *layout* you have used to get this ?

(In my case, I used the “slideshow” position in the “corporate” layout, which is the only position of the template having the name “slideshow” as far as I know)

In my case, I found a workaround by hacking
    /www/templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/slideshow.php
    where I added the class “container”

But I don’t like hacking files, because in the end it always causes maintenance problems. So I tried by adding the class “container” to the module itself, but this would not work.. Do you see any other workaround ?

— 2. padding of slideshow position : custom.css overriden by corporate.css !? —

Besides the question above, I also wanted to reduce the top and bottom padding of slideshow position.
    This should have been a piece of cake… but again I face a strange problem.
    Maybe there is something I don’t get with this new “local” directory coming along with the last version of T3 ??

See the screenshot hereafter :
    – I have added a custom.css file with the css below
    – I have even tried to activate and disable Development mode, just in case
    But no matter what, the corporate.css file has priority on my custom.css file (see screenshot).

So what have I missed ?? 🙂

.corporate .slideshow {
    background: #f7f7f7
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee
    padding: 0px 0; /* was 40 */
    }

http://screenpresso.com/=V6Htg

Txs,

Marc

Eragon H Friend

Hi Marc,

1. I used
    a. Layout: Feature-intro 2
    b. Position: Feature-intro 2

2. The priority of usage a file in new T3
    a. Local folder: {root}/templates/{template-name}/local
    b. Template folder: {root}/templates/{template-name}
    c. Base theme folder in T3 Framework plugin: {root}/plugins/system/t3/base (bootstrap 2) or {root}/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3 (bootstrap 3)

You can turn off using the Local directory in your site by adding the code after } in the last line of the configuration.php.

define ('T3_LOCAL_DISABLED', 1);

For more information, you can refer to this documentation: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/new-features#isolate-template

3. In your case, I can see that you missed “;” at the end of every line in your code. If this just a typo error here, there is a trick that you can let the browser read the custom.css by adding !important

.corporate .slideshow {
    background: #f7f7f7 !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee !important;
    padding: 0px 0; /* was 40 */ !important;
    }

Best regards

woluweb Friend

Hi Eragon !

Txs a lot for your kind assistance 🙂

-1-

For the position, now I undertand why it would work for you and not for me :
    – corporate>slideshow position is full width
    – feature-intro-2>feature-intro-2 position has container width

-2-

For my css :
    – the semi-column “;” was not missing in my original file (well missing in my post above, you’re right !)
    – … but adding !important did indeed the trick ! 🙂

I copy hereafter the right css for those reading us and who would copy-past the code, as there is also a typo in your last line :

.corporate .slideshow {
    background: #f7f7f7 !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee !important;
    padding: 0px 0 !important; /* was 40 */
    }

Once again, txs a lot for your very much appreciated help !

Eragon H Friend

Hi woluweb,

You are welcome.

regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum