Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Here is what it is doing:
    On first load of the day or after long time of not running, regardless of browser, it will load incorrectly.
    On first load it looks like this:

After that however it always loads correctly until it is left alone for a while:

I have identified the trouble code as being:
    Line 69 of /modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/themes/pyro/style.css
    .ja-slidewrap_pyro .maskdesc .ja-slide-desc {
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 100%;
    padding: 10px 20px;
    }

I commented this out and added an identical call in my standard template.css with other values to override these to hopefully fix the issue

This is listed as a problem rather than a question because I am not sure if this actually fixed the problem yet as I will not know for sure until I try again tomorrow or Monday due to how long it takes before it does it again. Also, if the root cause is known it would be nice if it could be addressed in future releases in some manner.

here is a screen shot of the css that loads in chrome:
    Incorrectly loading CSS

Correctly loading CSS

As you should be able to tell the problem is that it loads the “.ja-slidewrap_pyro .maskdesc .ja-slide-desc” selector for some reason on first load but then on next and all future loads it does not.
    FYI: It also seems to do it more often if I enable the cache and join/minify/compress functions in the T3 configurations.

So that is why I hope commenting out that part will get rid of the issue.

It would be nice if this were fixed in future releases if possible since the next version i do an update on will lose my “hack” and I will have the issue again if I don’t go and redo the fix. Due to the nature of the problem I am not sure if that is possible but it would be nice.

Webserver Configuration:
    Microsoft-IIS/7.5
    PHP 5.3
    MySQL 5.1.57-community

Now the Question:
    Has anyone seen this strange first load behavior before? Then if so, what would be a root cause of such a strange problem??? I would think that it would always load the same stuff regardless of whether it is the first time it loaded or not, unless of course there is a browser difference or something being sent to the system to trigger a special load scenario…

Please let me know what you guys think.

I will update this thread either tomorrow or Monday after I test my “fix” to let everyone know if my little “hack” fixed it or not. I will also detail all of the updates I did to get the desired results to hopefully help with a more long term fix…

P.S. –
    Thank’s guys you been a real help in getting these projects out the door quickly and painlessly. The few bugs I experience are not really that bad but you guys are right there to help and find the problem and fix it for me in the core code saving me so much time in the coding aspect. I usually have to program all of this stuff from scratch making it take months to do what I did in a couple weeks using your templates and addons… Other Joomla! developers helped to for things like a shopping cart, WYSIWYG Form generator (breezing forms), easy header, and a few others but for the core site this is the best I have found and I just wanted to be sure to tell you guys you were doing such a great job.

1. Initial_load_issue
    2. Initial_load_issue01
    3. Initial_load_issue02
    4. Initial_load_issue03
    tccmike Friend

Still does it. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this problem?

tccmike Friend

I am now fairly confident that I solved this issue: it is due to a CSS entry that caused the background to go black and the setting in another part caused it to be partially transparent causing the strange behavior. To fix this or similar issue: in your local directory of whatever template you are using go to your template.css file and put this at the end.

/*SlideShow CSS Overrides*/
    .ja-slidewrap_pyro .maskDesc {
    background: none !important;
    }

it will override the class so it doesn’t render the background over the whole thing. Not sure why this is required as the system should be loading it in the proper order so the others get overridden anyways, but it would at random times for some reason then most of the time work correctly, this makes it correct all the time.

So good luck I hope this helps someone!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tccmike 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum