Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve updated a bilingual website based on JA Tiris template this morning. After the update, everything seemed until I edited and savec a couple of parameters in the JA Slideshow settings panel. Now, everything is broke and I don’t know how to fix i. It seems the module isn’t thrown at the home page.

French and English website are broken now. I’ve lost 2 or 3 hours to figure it out. No solution at sight.

Please help.

Regards,
    A.

adeacetis Friend

Hello,

I have investigated a little bit further and what I get is very odd.
    For certaing categories the Slideshow works perfectly for others it doesn’t. It seems the template fails while parsing articles.

In my browser console log, a JS error is thrown when the slideshow fails to show up.
    Here are the errors :
    Uncaught TypeError: this.menu.getElements is not a function js_7c696.js:1422
    Uncaught TypeError: slider.getElement is not a function js_7c696.js:1454

I already tried to create new categories and copied all my articles into them and it doesn’t work. I am don’t know what to do next.

Any ideas how to solve it ?

Thank you for replying,
    Axel

adeacetis Friend

Hello,

I have investigated a little bit further and what I get is very odd.
    For certaing categories the Slideshow works perfectly for others it doesn’t. It seems the template fails while parsing articles.

In my browser console log, a JS error is thrown when the slideshow fails to show up.
    Here are the errors :
    Uncaught TypeError: this.menu.getElements is not a function js_7c696.js:1422
    Uncaught TypeError: slider.getElement is not a function js_7c696.js:1454

I already tried to create new categories and copied all my articles into them and it doesn’t work. I am don’t know what to do next.

Any ideas how to solve it ?

Thank you for replying,
    Axel

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adeacetis,

Please navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> temporary disable CSS / JS Compression and recheck.

adeacetis Friend

Hello Adam,

I had already disabled the feature.

No effects whatsoever.

Regards,
    Axel

adeacetis Friend

Hello,

The bug comes from the slideshow parser that builds the heading and the excerpt. As a matter of facts, it conflicts with the image gallery tag.

One of my articles has a shortcode {gallery}{/gallery}.
    When I remove it, everything works perfectly. Otherwise, it breaks.

Joomla 2.5.28
    PHP 5.2.17
    JA Slideshow 2.7.5
    JA Tiris 2.5.7

I spent at least 10 hours investigating after this issue. This time is lost as I can’t charge my customer for that.
    I would rather settle the dispute amicably, or with a commercial gesture. Could you fund me back the membership ?

Kind regards,
    Axel DE ACETIS

adeacetis Friend

Hello,

The bug comes from the slideshow parser that builds the heading and the excerpt. As a matter of facts, it conflicts with the image gallery tag.

One of my articles has a shortcode {gallery}{/gallery}.
    When I remove it, everything works perfectly. Otherwise, it breaks.

Joomla 2.5.28
    PHP 5.2.17
    JA Slideshow 2.7.5
    JA Tiris 2.5.7

I spent at least 10 hours investigating after this issue. This time is lost as I can’t charge my customer for that.
    I would rather settle the dispute amicably, or with a commercial gesture. Could you fund me back the membership ?

Kind regards,
    Axel DE ACETIS

adeacetis Friend

The parser doesn’t work very well with Heading 1 though.

See picture attached.

1. 20150525-JA-Slideshow-parser-bug-H1-markup
    adeacetis Friend

The parser doesn’t work very well with Heading 1 though.

See picture attached.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adeacetis,

Currently there’s a problem with your site since I couldn’t access it, please recheck first.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adeacetis,

Currently there’s a problem with your site since I couldn’t access it, please recheck first.

adeacetis Friend

Hi Adam,

Which url do you use to access it ?
    The base url is http://www.basketglobalvision.com/.

I did change the user login/pwd details in the ticket view in case of I had mistyped them.

Regards,
    A.

adeacetis Friend

Hi Adam,

Which url do you use to access it ?
    The base url is http://www.basketglobalvision.com/.

I did change the user login/pwd details in the ticket view in case of I had mistyped them.

Regards,
    A.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adeacetis,

I tried in several location but got the error message “Server not found”, please recheck.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adeacetis,

I tried in several location but got the error message “Server not found”, please recheck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  meuseaval 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum