Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have added a new image to the slideshow, but it is not showing up, the image is in images/stories/demo/slideshow

Also how do I change the background colour from black to white.

Thanks

swissa Friend

Could be a cache problem. Try clearing the JAT3 cache.

Background colour is in the template.css file.

#ja-slideshow .main-inner2, #ja-slideshow2 .main-inner2 {
    background: black;
    margin: 0px !important;
    padding: 0px !important;
    }

Change the colour to white

On mine it is at line 1318.

To change the header it is this code

#ja-header .main-inner2 {
    background: url(../images/bg-header.png) 0 100% repeat-x #141414;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    }

Change or delete the url

Mine is at line 646. Yours may be different so check using Chrome or Firebug.

hortitrends Friend

Thanks Swissa, I cleared the cache but the background image in the slideshow is still not showing. I changed the image title in ja slideshow module & uploaded the image into the correct folder, is there anything else I was to do?
    Thanks for help

swissa Friend

Do you have a url please?

Turn off CSS optimising too..

hortitrends Friend

Ok, I think the problem is because I’m editing the wrong template file, I’m using the theme green, but does the template.css in templates/ja_tiris/css take preference over template.css in templates/ja_tiris/core/themes/green/css

I changed logo, and it was showing in firefox but not in safari or chrome, discrovered that my problem is themes. Would this be the same issue with the slideshow?

Url is http://www.soweasygrow.ie

Thanks for your help

swissa Friend

It shouldn’t. Green should have preference if that is what you’ve picked. It’s where it gets the logo etc so would assume it gets the css there too. If you are going to stay with green then you can always edit both but you will then be set with white backgrounds.

The slideshow is a module so independent of the template.

It looks like a broken link. That could be not having set the path properly in Slideshow or it could be some other problems. Reading some of the forums on here it seems that for some people they had to delete all pictures in images/stories/demo/slideshow and reload them then it worked.

Firstly I’d check that the path in slideshow is correct and that you loaded the pictures through Joomla not via ftp. Always clear the JAT3 cache after saving any changes.

If that doesn’t sort it try deleting the pictures in the folder using media manager and reload them again in media manager. I loaded mine to images/slideshows and then used that as the path in slideshow. As long as they match you should be ok.

Just make sure that in desc you use the right names for the images

< SHOULD MATCH IMAGE NAMES
    <h3>DEVELOPMENT SITE</h3>
    <p></p>

<h3>DEVELOPMENT SITE</h3>
    <p></p>

hortitrends Friend

Thanks for advice but just cracked it 🙂 it was permissions in my images folder, I thought I was going crazy becasue I knew the correct image was there, anyhow onto my next issue, many thanks

swissa Friend

Congrats.

Time for a Guinness 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum