Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have set up the JA slideshow to use articles. In those articles, I would like to have a image file (png) to show up in the main area, but NOT in the navigation area.

No matter where I place the image in the article, it shows up in the navigation area and messes up the formatting.

I have searched the forums and messed with article settings, JA thumbnail (enabling and disabling it), and the slideshow settings with no avail.

I’ve also noticed when I include an image that the article title appears really small at the top. The other articles with no pictures do not have the problems I’ve described.

You can see the site here: http://www.summit-soft.com/testsite/

I’m assuming either I have a setting wrong, or that this is going to require editing some PHP code. Sometimes, I can navigate the code well enough to make changes, but not this time.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Sarah

spadilla Friend

Same thoughts, would be great if JA thought about this in advance. And chances are, they have – just haven’t documented it. It probably exists in some sort of class we need to add for the image itself.

I hope they provide some answers. It would help me too.

uniquebiz Friend

smusselm;182474I have set up the JA slideshow to use articles. In those articles, I would like to have a image file (png) to show up in the main area, but NOT in the navigation area.

No matter where I place the image in the article, it shows up in the navigation area and messes up the formatting.

I have searched the forums and messed with article settings, JA thumbnail (enabling and disabling it), and the slideshow settings with no avail.

I’ve also noticed when I include an image that the article title appears really small at the top. The other articles with no pictures do not have the problems I’ve described.

You can see the site here: http://www.summit-soft.com/testsite/

I’m assuming either I have a setting wrong, or that this is going to require editing some PHP code. Sometimes, I can navigate the code well enough to make changes, but not this time.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Sarah

Hi Sarah
    Ores and the slideshow is a complex beastie as I found out when trying to change the default background image for the whole thing.

First it has it’s own image to show plus a transparent png that acts as a mask and just overwhelms anything image wise. Look at my post changing slideshow background in this forum for what I did etc. I’d suggest if you remove the slideshow-bg.png it may allow your images to be seen and placed right. of course there maybe some css to deal with

But that may be a starting point
    Blessings Shannon

smusselm Friend

Okay, so it took me a long time, but I figured it out. It’s probably NOT the most effective way to do it, but it worked.

I accomplished it by editing templates/ja_ores/css/template.css

1. I added in the following code:

.btag a {
    border: 0;
    background-image: url(../images/computer-ag.png);
    height: 102px;
    width: 135px;
    padding-top: 9px;
    padding-right: 12px;
    padding-bottom: 9px;
    padding-left: 12px;
    overflow: hidden;
    float: right;
    font-family: Georgia, “Times New Roman”, Times, serif;
    font-size: 150%;
    }

2. I put the picture I wanted to use in templates/ja_ores/images and called it up in the code mentioned above. (background-image: url(../images/computer-ag.png);) I also adjusted the height and width settings to accommodate the image size.

The “ag” in .btag a was a self indication of I was calling up. You can name this anything you want as a mental note to yourself. Just make sure you use the same class name in the article. LEAVE THE HANGING ‘a’. So, you can say .btblahblah a BUT NOT .btblahblah

3. I then inserted the link into the article, placing the following tags around it: <div class=”btag clearfix“><a href=”INSERT URL HERE”></a></div>

Doing it this way was the only way I could get an image into the article without having it show up in the navigation. ASSUMING it came AFTER the number of characters or words specified to show up in the navigation area. The number of characters or words is specified in the module settings.

4. I then noticed that I had formatting issues. So, I created a table structure, and it worked! The final article code looks something like this: (Don’t rename class=btlink. That’s an actual joomlart class).

<table>
    <tr>
    <td>
    Place your text here. Make sure it’s long enough to meet the character requirements you chose under the module settings.
    </td>
    <td rowspan=”2″ valign=”top”><div class=”btag clearfix”><a href=”INSERT A URL”></a></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <div class=”btlink clearfix”><a href=”INSERT A URL” title=”Learn More”>Learn more</a><span> or</span> <a class=”Sample link” href=”INSERT A URL”>Request demo</a></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

A couple notes: First, sometime Joomla is too smart and tries to clean up your code, I had to turn off the code cleanup. You may or may not need to. In order to do this I adjusted the Editor – TinyMCE plugin settings to prevent this.

To use multiple images, you’ll need to repeat the steps listed above, but change the class name in both the css and the article.

Finally, use the INSERT URL HERE to link this front article to other parts of your site. If you don’t want to link it, you might be able to just put a # sign in place of a URL. Not sure.

Again, this is probably NOT the recommended way of doing things, but since I could find no other way, I thought I would share.

Thanks!

Sarah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  smusselm 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum