Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Asked this in the module forum but now its saying I don’t have permission to view my own thread?

I have read a ton of information on this issue and have attempted to fix.

I have installed the extension manager and updated to the latest version.
    I set permission 777 to the slideshow directory
    I added a line to the .htaccess file
    I deleted the .htaccess file
    I do not use admin tools.
    I modified a line in the PHP file that was suggested one place.

Please, can anyone help?? Site is running the latest Joomla 3.3.x

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    i saw your site is running on Joomla 3.3.6
    that is released one day ago , but the template and the extension are currently not compatible with joomla 3.3.6 .
    Please installed a backup copy of your site that is compatible version of Joomla (J3.1)or Rollback your joomla (not recommended ) .

Always take a backup copy of your site before any update and check the compatibility of template and extensions before updating them

derrdesigns Friend

It is a brand new site. We are upgrading from an old Joomla 1.5 site, so I have nothing to restore or roll back to.

derrdesigns Friend

Also noticing on your download site it says download JA Slideshow for J2.5 and J33. Looks like Joomla 3.3 to me. The last few point releases have been security fixes and nothing more. I see PAGES UPON PAGES of people having this issue so I fail to see how its 3.3.6s fault

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI please check the file permission for the file
    //modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php

its giving 500 error . you need to change its permission .

This issue often due to the permission of your site’s file/folder in your server, it may be unwritable. If you use an editor like Firebug in Firefox browser, when you click Save button > check Error tab of Firebug, you will see which file caused this issue.
    >>>http://prntscr.com/4sl75n

Let me know if it helps .

mizando Friend

hi folks,
    i have the same problem. Here the error message from firebug:

<b>Catchable fatal error</b>: Argument 1 passed to JApplicationCms::loadSession() must be an instance of JSession, array given, called in /www/htdocs/libraries/joomla/application/web.php on line 214 and defined in <b>/www/htdocs/libraries/cms/application/cms.php</b> on line <b>623</b><br />

so, what to do?

derrdesigns Friend

The file is a 777 already. I said that in post #1

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@derrdesigns 448533 wrote:</em><blockquote>The file is a 777 already. I said that in post #1</blockquote>

Hello I tried it on a fresh joomla its working fine .
    can you PM me your server details so that i can check this issue and let you know here

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@mizando 448498 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi folks,
    i have the same problem. Here the error message from firebug:

<b>Catchable fatal error</b>: Argument 1 passed to JApplicationCms::loadSession() must be an instance of JSession, array given, called in /www/htdocs/libraries/joomla/application/web.php on line 214 and defined in <b>/www/htdocs/libraries/cms/application/cms.php</b> on line <b>623</b><br />

so, what to do?</blockquote>

Hello mizando
    your issue is not related to the JA Slidheshow error , the error you mentioned above is coming from the Core Joomla files .
    You can see the same error from other joomla users like here .

Please write this issue on Joomla Forum .
    here is the link of Joomla Forum

oasisitalia Friend

i have the same problem in ja muzic ..

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @oasisitalia Please update it To latest version , and check the directory permission of JA slideshow module .
    As i suggested above in #5 post .

Let me know if it helps

oasisitalia Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 449920 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello @oasisitalia Please update it To latest version , and check the directory permission of JA slideshow module .
    As i suggested above in #5 post .

Let me know if it helps</blockquote>
    i changed the permission to 777 but don’t resolve the problem.. :((

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

can you PM me your working site credentials so that i can take a look on it .

oasisitalia Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 450271 wrote:</em><blockquote>can you PM me your working site credentials so that i can take a look on it .</blockquote>
    sent !thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@oasisitalia 450276 wrote:</em><blockquote>sent !thanks</blockquote>
    Hello @oasisitalia
    I fixed it directly on your site . Please check it . The issue is as i mentioned in above post there is directory permission issue .
    Check it and let me know

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum