Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have multilanguage site on Joomla 2.5.
    I succeeded to have modules in both languages, but JA Slideshow does not appear in 2nd language (which is ENG).
    I copied JA Slideshow, I chose ENG language for this module – but nothing.
    In first language (which is Czech) JA Slideshow show normally.
    Can you help me please?
    Thanx.
    Petra

pavit Moderator

Hi

Have you assigned the module to the correct pages in your english menu ?

petrahk Friend

Hi,
    Yes. I have.
    I created also “English” profile template.
    :((
    STrange is that when I create “custom module” and put it on TOP position, it does not show.
    When I put this custom module on RIGHT position, it shows.
    Any advice?

petrahk Friend

<em>@pavit 309041 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

Have you assigned the module to the correct pages in your english menu ?</blockquote>
    I see the JA SLIDESHOW working in other positions, but not in TOP position. :((

pavit Moderator

check the layout assigned at that multilanguage pages

if them are using some particular or modified layout that not includes the TOP position.

Anyway you can send me via PM your account for the administrator page so i can take a look at your configuration.

petrahk Friend

<em>@pavit 309143 wrote:</em><blockquote>check the layout assigned at that multilanguage pages

if them are using some particular or modified layout that not includes the TOP position.

Anyway you can send me via PM your account for the administrator page so i can take a look at your configuration.</blockquote>
    I have just sent you PM.

pavit Moderator

Thanks received it

I will check it later

petrahk Friend

<em>@pavit 309151 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks received it

I will check it later</blockquote>
    Any advice, Pavit?
    Thank you.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Replied in the PM please check your inbox

petrahk Friend

My developers found the reason:
    For seeing module JA SLIDESHOW in TOP position, there is a condition to assign at least ONE module to the position NEWS STICKER.
    So if you create second language, do not forget to assign one module in second language to the position “news sticker”.
    That’s it.
    I am really disappointed by JA support. It is not first time when I had to ask someone else, because JoomlArt was not able to help.:((
    I am satisfied by the fact that JA reacts to the problems, but what I need is to FIND SOLUTION!!!

Phill Moderator

Very glad you managed to sort your problem.

Please do not be disappointed with JA. We would have got you an answer but often due to the time differences when you are working and the supporters are working answers may take a little time to come. Also bear in mind it is a lot easier for your developers to assis as they have direct access to your site and to yourself to ask questions. Direct communications with instant feedback really does make a huge difference with problems of this nature. With your above thread it took time for pavit to get all the required details then possibly due to timings of availability on both sides responses may not have been as fast as you may have wanted.

For future reference, when you start a thread there is the facility for you to input all of your ftp and super admin details. Only JA can see these, not the general users. If you avail yourself of that feature we can respond a lot faster.

petrahk Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 309591 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very glad you managed to sort your problem.

Please do not be disappointed with JA. We would have got you an answer but often due to the time differences when you are working and the supporters are working answers may take a little time to come. Also bear in mind it is a lot easier for your developers to assis as they have direct access to your site and to yourself to ask questions. Direct communications with instant feedback really does make a huge difference with problems of this nature. With your above thread it took time for pavit to get all the required details then possibly due to timings of availability on both sides responses may not have been as fast as you may have wanted.

For future reference, when you start a thread there is the facility for you to input all of your ftp and super admin details. Only JA can see these, not the general users. If you avail yourself of that feature we can respond a lot faster.</blockquote>
    Hello Phill,
    thank you for your feedback.
    My developers had the SAME access as JA had. And they found the problem easily without “direct communication” (we live in different countries).
    The same it was with another problem. Look here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/slideshow-2-5-0-does-not-show-description/ Unfortunately there is not complete communication anymore (I was told that this problem can not be solved).
    We solved it without JA support.
    So…
    Good Luck.
    Petra

Phill Moderator

Thanks for your feedback Petra.

I can assure you that we do try extremely hard to do our best for all users. Sometimes things go very well while others seem to take too long as in this case. I am sure your problem in this thread would have been fixed but maybe not at the speed you would have liked. It is quite hard at times with the nature of the world wide web, different time zones and languages. We will take your comments on board and see how we can improve in the future.

As for your other problem have you solved that? If not I will ask the devs to take a look to save dissapointment.

petrahk Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 309626 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your feedback Petra.

I can assure you that we do try extremely hard to do our best for all users. Sometimes things go very well while others seem to take too long as in this case. I am sure your problem in this thread would have been fixed but maybe not at the speed you would have liked. It is quite hard at times with the nature of the world wide web, different time zones and languages. We will take your comments on board and see how we can improve in the future.

As for your other problem have you solved that? If not I will ask the devs to take a look to save dissapointment.</blockquote>
    Thank you Phill.
    I am ok after “hiring” some guys…
    If I am in trouble again, I will try to ask again here 😉
    Regards,
    Petra

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  petrahk 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum