Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’m having trouble with the Ja_Slideshow mod.

On the template the slideshow has a very neat description box that shows up in each of the rotating images: http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_sanidine/#

But on my website: http://eximinus.com/joomla/quickstart/

All I can get is just plan white text. Does anyone know how I could get it so I could have that black box behind the text, along with yellow text for the description title?

Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi there,

May be your site was missing error to install JA Sanidine II template, please pm me admin access and ftp account. I will need to take a closer look at your site.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 347593 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

May be your site was missing error to install JA Sanidine II template, please pm me admin access and ftp account. I will need to take a closer look at your site.</blockquote>

I’m looking to do this on Ja Sanidine I, not Ja Sanidine II.

And is this safe to give a developer my login details? (I’m New here)

Ninja Lead Moderator

I understand your feeling, It’s just better with a closer look to detect this problem and I can give you advice more quickly. For secure purpose, please don’t post info here, send me via private message instead.

Regards.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 347709 wrote:</em><blockquote>I understand your feeling, It’s just better with a closer look to detect this problem and I can give you advice more quickly. For secure purpose, please don’t post info here, send me via private message instead.

Regards.</blockquote>

I have messaged you my details

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have modified “Description parameters” option on JA Slideshow module

<h3>For Answer Review </h3>
    <p>Maecenas nibh congue justo est adipiscing elit mauris orci lacus dui. Nibh justo elit nunc Pellentesque malesuada leo nascetur faucibus malesuada semper.</p>

<h3>EndWar Exclusive Theater</h3>
    <p>Pretium justo eu nisl orci Suspendisse Curabitur eleifend pretium Nam tincidunt.</p>

And change css file
    <blockquote>templates/ja_sanidine/css/ja.slideshow.css</blockquote>
    Please check on your site again.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 347910 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have modified “Description parameters” option on JA Slideshow module

<h3>For Answer Review </h3>
    <p>Maecenas nibh congue justo est adipiscing elit mauris orci lacus dui. Nibh justo elit nunc Pellentesque malesuada leo nascetur faucibus malesuada semper.</p>

<h3>EndWar Exclusive Theater</h3>
    <p>Pretium justo eu nisl orci Suspendisse Curabitur eleifend pretium Nam tincidunt.</p>

And change css file

Please check on your site again.</blockquote>

Thank you so much. Also how would I change the text size?

TomC Moderator

Not to hijack the assistance my colleague, Ninja Lead has provided thus far
    – but rather, in the interest of expediency in helping you out ….

To change the font size for your slideshow description/captions . . . .

Within file path –> /joomla/quickstart/templates/ja_sanidine/css/ja.slideshow.css

at line 175, add a “font-size” property, for example:

.ja-slideshowdesc {
    background: url("../images/trans-bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;
    bottom: 0;
    color: #FFFFFF
    padding: 10px 0 !important;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    width: 83%;
    z-index: 10;
    font-size: 120%;
    }

Does this help ??

🙂

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348007 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not to hijack the assistance my colleague, Ninja Lead has provided thus far

Within file path –> /joomla/quickstart/templates/ja_sanidine/css/ja.slideshow.css

.ja-slideshowdesc {
    background: url("../images/trans-bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;

}

Does this help ??

:)</blockquote>

Yes it did, thanks!

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348007 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not to hijack the assistance my colleague, Ninja Lead has provided thus far

.ja-slideshowdesc {
    }

Does this help ??

:)</blockquote>

Actually that didn’t work, it only changed the font size the first time through, then when it rotates back to that image the font size is small again.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tylerspur3 348057 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually that didn’t work, it only changed the font size the first time through, then when it rotates back to that image the font size is small again.</blockquote>
    Are you certain you saved your changes? Try also clearing both your browser and the JAT3 cache – just in case.

I just played around with it again (using Firebug) – same recommendation as above – and it worked for all of the slideshow images that had captions.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348060 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you certain you saved your changes? Try also clearing both your browser and the JAT3 cache – just in case.

I just played around with it again (using Firebug) – same recommendation as above – and it worked for all of the slideshow images that had captions.</blockquote>

Yes it works when I put it in “.ja-slideshowdesc {” But I’m trying to only change the title text size.

So when I put it in “.ja-slideshowdesc h3 {” or “.ja-slideshowdesc h3 span {” it only changes the text size once, then when the image rotates again the font size is back to normal.

And yes I cleared my cache and all that

TomC Moderator

Okay, try this . . . .

Within file path –> /joomla/quickstart/templates/ja_sanidine/css/template.css

at line 1158, add a “font-size” property value – for example . . .

#ja-contentsl1 div.module h3, #ja-contentsl1 div.module h3 span, #ja-contentsl2 div.module h3, #ja-contentsl2 div.module h3 span {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: auto;
    line-height: normal;
    padding-left: 4px;
    font-size: 125%;
    }

Let me know how that works for you.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, try this . . . .

Within file path –> /joomla/quickstart/templates/ja_sanidine/css/template.css

at line 1158, add a “font-size” property value – for example . . .

#ja-contentsl1 div.module h3, #ja-contentsl1 div.module h3 span, #ja-contentsl2 div.module h3, #ja-contentsl2 div.module h3 span {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: auto;
    line-height: normal;
    padding-left: 4px;
    font-size: 125%;
    }

Let me know how that works for you.</blockquote>

Still didn’t work :((

And it also only edits the text title of the first image, not the other 3 at all

EDIT: Actually it wouldn’t even let me edit the file template.css

TomC Moderator

<em>@tylerspur3 348068 wrote:</em><blockquote>Still didn’t work :((</blockquote>
    You’re kidding me … I just tested it and it worked. – sheesh :-[

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum