Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I ran into a few problems while playing around with the slideshow module – if this should make any difference I installed it with the quickstart of the Droid Theme.
    The first thing I wanted to do was adding the description box to the Slideshow – hence I added the part for the images and checked the option in the backend configuration to show the the description. However nothing changed .. I started checking all sorts of options, but most often the results where not quite what I had been expected, if anything happened at all. The Textbox wouldn’t appear at all.
    Since I saw earlier that there is actually a css file named mod_jaslideshow2.css in the themes/ja_droid Folder I had a closer look at it and after comparing it with the css file of another JA Theme I added the following code to the file in the ja_droid Folder:

.maskDesc {
    background: url(../images/trans-black.png);
    z-index: 20;
    height: 120px !important;
    bottom: 0px !important;
    right: 0 !important;
    width: 600px !important;
    }

.maskDesc .ja-slide-desc {
    color: #dedede;
    font-size: 115%;
    padding: 20px;
    display: block;
    }

.maskDesc .ja-slide-desc h3 {
    color: #dedede;
    font-size: 150%;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0 0 10px;
    }

.maskDesc .ja-slide-desc br {
    line-height: 0;
    font-size: 1px;
    }

And voilà: The description would show as well in the slideshow of my joomla installation with droid. Since this is pretty much all I need for now, it’s fine with me, however is this the way it is supposed to work? I think it’s rather counter-intuitive if you have to change code before any changes in the module configuration in the backend show.
    I saw that there is a assets folder in the module folder of ja_slideshow along with css, png/gif, js files and in the backend under the module configuration there is a ‘themes’ option however changing the theme seems to have no effect. Is this feature not working yet? I had hoped I could simply select a differnt theme setting to change between different display options of the slideshow.

Cheers

ihjens Friend

@tcraw1010

If you add:

Once the user clicks somewhere in the Description Mask in the slideshow the corresponding url will load.

You can use as well use html code within the description:

<h3>My Heading</h3>
    <p><a href="http://www.myurl.com" target="_blank" title="myurl">Click me</a> for more information </p>

would add a link within the desciption (once the user clicks on ‘Click me’) and it would look like any link in an article.

If you don’t want any description text in the slideshow to show I’d simply change the css file. Change the .maskDesc width and height to match the dimensions of the slideshow and remove the background image / replace it with a transparent gif. Now the invisble description mask covers the complete slideshow area and if you only add the url in each description for the images the user can click anywhere in the image and the url will load.

barnea10 Friend

i changed the ja-opal sport images in the folder but still they show – what should i do to make my new images show ?
    thanks
    barnea

Phill Moderator

Check your images>resized folder. Copies may reside there.

newtybar Friend

Hi All,

I need some serious help with this module. I cannot figure out how to change how text and such appears in the show. I am using the JA_Lead theme and the text appears on the bottom right of the picture, but would like the Slidshow to have text on the middle right hand side (similar to the JA_Portfolio theme). Where are the options for this located.

Many thanks!

newtybar Friend

Also in JA_Lead on the slideshow…how do I get rid of the “readmore”…there’s only “no description” or “description only”

theres a field for “readmore text”….but when I delete it and save…it just reappears.

steshortt Friend

I’m not getting any text at all in my slideshow in Kyanite_ii

These are the settings but it’s only showing the image in a weird way even though the images should be formed correctly Sample image here

The other thing is there doesn’t seem to be any frame available no matter that option I choose for the skin at the top… I had changed the png in an older test version as you can see here:

Any advice because the site is now live but this isn’t working and it looks bad…

Thanks

aman204 Friend

Hi steshortt,

Can you please post this in specific template forum as this always helps to keep forum area filtered for the community 🙂

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/ja-kyanite-ii/

afshinrah Friend

Hi,
    Ja events use JA Slideshow 2 to make rotation billboard in bottom of template. could you please explain more about code that use in Module class suffix (_sadv1), and how use this code in other joomart template that use JA Slideshow 2.
    thanks

thuanlq Friend

Hi @afshinrah,
    Module class suffix to be applied to the css class of this module. This allows for individual module styling, on ja events template, jaslideshow2 using module class suffix is because the homepage is using 3 slideshow2 module instances wit hall different styling.

exm:
    module class suffix= _sadv2
    on frontpage, this slideshow has class as

<div id="Mod71" class="ja-moduletable moduletable_sadv2 clearfix">
    <div class="ja-box-ct clearfix">
    <div style="visibility: visible;" id="ja-slide-71" class="ja-slidewrap_sadv2">
    </div>
    </div>

When you has class name for this slideshow, you must define style for it
    exm:

#ja-bot-banner div.moduletable_sadv2 {
    left:60%;
    }

#ja-bot-banner div.moduletable_sadv1, #ja-bot-banner div.moduletable_sadv2 {
    background:url("/templates/ja_events/images/bbroad-bg.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    bottom:0;
    height:140px;
    left:30%;
    position:absolute;
    width:177px;
    }

you can use this code in other joomlart template that use JA slideshow2 module.

balachandhranc Friend

Hi,

When I tried specifying the folder for th JA Slideshow module, it gives the following error:

Operation Failed: Failed to open file for writing

In the user section, the slideshow position has the following error:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/root/hsphere/local/home/balachandhranc/greencommune.net/joomla/modules/mod_jaslideshow/helpers/helper.php on line 508

Saguaros Moderator

@balachandhranc ok, you configured a wrongly path, for example: you would like the slideshow displaying some images inside the images/stories/myimages

when you configure in the module configuration, you have to put this path “images/stories/myimages” not “stories/myimages”

Now, you try to check this again

wrpaulsen Friend

This is not much of a “User Guide”. It just things like, “Mark style is where you mark the style” . That really does not explain anything. A little explanation would be useful, rather than just repeating the label on a button.

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@wrpaulsen 255153 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is not much of a “User Guide”. It just things like, “Mark style is where you mark the style” . That really does not explain anything. A little explanation would be useful, rather than just repeating the label on a button.</blockquote>

I don’t understand you, I have searched “Mark style is where you mark the style” word but I couldn’t see it anywhere. Could you tell me what you are referring to?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  thangnn1510 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum