Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I have a problem in Ja Travel, with JA SlideShow 2.

I need the Slideshow to have the same layout with “from image folder” as when I use it “from articles”.

I need the same layout for link, title and description.

Thank you.

Jonathan Roza

pritam Friend

Hello elektrastudio,

Can you please confirm that which version of Ja Travel you are using , so that we can help you better.

elektrastudio Friend

Hi Pritam.

Thank’s for the help.

According to Template Manager, it’s version 1.0.0. The Template Details XML also point to this version.
    The JA Slideshow 2 is version 2.2.2, according to modules list.

I downloaded the Ja Travel package from Joomlart site 2 or 3 days ago, and used the quickstart.
    Fortunately I will be able to update the template easily, keeping my customizations, as I’m using override.css (with Custom CSS HD extension), so the original template files can be replaced without worries.

Thank you.

Jonathan Roza

pritam Friend

Hello Jonathan ,

To Ja Slideshow 2 layout with “from image folder” .

You can refer to this url For Ja Slideshow 2 :- http://static.joomlart.com/images/templates/J15/ja_community_plus/slideshow_backend1.jpg

As you can see in the backend settings, slideshow’s images come from “images/stories/slideshow” folder that contains images with dimensions 470×215 pixels.

Here is the Example description for each image:-

HTML Code:

<blockquote>
    <h3>Top 10 Math Professors in LA</h3>
    <p>Youth Education gives kids endless possibilities to meet new friends, explore new interests & develop their talents</p>

<h3>Programs for Kids of All Ages!</h3>
    <p>At et id justo accumsan Donec a odio nibh id et. Quisque nunc nibh sit pretium turpis eget sed non Proin non</p>

<h3>How to choose university?</h3>
    <p>Suscipit est Morbi id senectus Integer iaculis interdum Aenean lobortis dui. Curabitur Pellentesque</p>

<h3>Nulla Vestibulum In ut tortor</h3>
    <p>Orci dolor quis ut id sit nunc gravida et mauris in. Vestibulum pretium at Curabitur eros Nam Aenean</p>

<h3>Vestibulum sollicitudin conse</h3>
    <p>Curabitur Pellentesque convallis commodo tincidunt vitae ante id Nam Vestibulum Suspendisse</p>
    </blockquote>

Yves Keller Friend

the template is broken when you select image folder as source…

elektrastudio Friend

Hi Pritam.

Thank’s for the answer, but as DeepBlue said, the template is broken when we use Image Folder as source.
    It seems that we don’t have valid CSS to make the template look the same under the “image folder” config.
    And it appear that we do need some new php also, because the “from articles” does some fancy overlay to make the title appear on the bottom navigation, and well as change the background color (I had to make a few extensive changes to do a website for a client, so I had to dig a little).

The same happened with Ja Business (I had to ask the same thing on the forums). I hope it doesn’t turn into a habit. 😛
    So, as a very happy user of all JoomlArt templates and extensions, I ask: Please, when you make a new template, take care of the “from image folder” CSS so it look the same as “from articles”. I’m sure many people would be very happy with this working.

Can you please open a bug ticket and fix the template to make it work as expected?

————————————————————————————————
    I have some questions, since we are talking about JA SlideShow:
    I saw that the version 3 is out. Where can I find any documentation?
    Is it compatible with the previous version (v2)?
    Can I simply install over the v2? Or is there a upgrade path?
    Why didn’t the new templates (JA Travel for example) use the v3?
    ————————————————————————————————

Thank you.

Jonathan Roza

pritam Friend

Hello Jonathan ,

Can you send me your site url and admin access via PM . So we can take a look and also for further help we can raise the issue with JA Support team.

bewrong Friend

Anymore news here? I also want the same layout if I use images from folder.

Thank you in advance.

elektrastudio Friend

Hi Pritam.

You don’t need the login. Just get a quickstart of JA Travel, go to the slideshow settings, and change to image folder (and have a image folder ready with the images). You’ll see the exact same results I’m having here.

My site is in the dev server (local, not on the net), so I really can’t give you the access. Anyway, the solution above is exactly what I have here. And as you can see, several other users have the same issue.

I need this solution really fast, because the site is airing this wednesday (two days from now).
    I have reported this post as a premium ticket for me, so I really expect a fast answer here.

Thank’s.

Jonathan Roza

pritam Friend

Hello elektrastudio ,

I have created a bug report . You can check the progress of issue being resolved at the link http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTRAVELJ15-68.

darrenf Friend

I’m facing the same issues. Can someone post the solution here? Cheers!

elektrastudio Friend

Hi Pritam.

How about the solution?
    I had to post twice on the bug report ticket to keep it alive, and still no answer from the dev team.
    And I just tried to access the link you gave me for JIRA, and it says I cannot access it because I have no permission.

Thank you.

Jonathan Roza.

darrenf Friend

Any solution? The solution should be added here since anyone who intends to pull the images out from a image folder will face it.

himangi Friend

The issue is resolved and will be released with the JA Travel’s next version for Joomla 1.5. Please keep looking for the next update on JA Travel.

Thanks for your patience!

pritam Friend

Hello Jonathan Roza,

You can check the progress of issue being resolved at the link http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTRAVELJ15-68

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kansen 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum