Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi Community,

I’m not new to Joomla and have some working knowledge of things, so this one confounds me and I must be missing something obvious.

I just completed a fresh intall of Joomla on my server. I downloaded the JA Rave New template and installed the template, all components, mod’s, and plugins LAST NIGHT.

I’ve been trying for several hours to get the Slideshow 2 module to appear the way (location) it does in the demo http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_rave

Issues I’ve noticed and need help with: After reviewing the module positions at JoomlaArt, I see that I’m not offered a “Slideshow 2” position in my admin panel for the module. I’ve tried top/left/…nothing works. If for example, I choose user5 position, it appears here http://www.n49w91.com/ which doesn’t match up at all with the module position guide for the Rave template.

Also, the Slideshow 2 module does not provide for “Today’s Highlights” as seen in the demo and configuration information provided in the Rave forum.

So, I’m completely stumped here. Any help is greatly appreciated

mralec Friend

Hi Gang,

I’ve just found some information regarding the positioning of the module. While I don’t understand why the Rave module position guide has the position, but the template does not, I’m satisfied with the user5 position and also see that I can add the “slideshow” position manually. That’s helpful.

Questions Remain:

1. Also, the Slideshow 2 module does not provide for “Today’s Highlights” as seen in the demo and configuration information provided in the Rave forum.

2. How do I create that nice dark area over the slideshow to highlight the desc text with the left/right arrows?
    3. Where do I find the code/css to change the desc font size?

Thanks again.
    Alec

thuanlq Friend

Hi mralec,

1. with slideshow 2 configuration you can create “Today’s Hignlights” slideshow as seen in the demo, see screenshots:

2. You should edit module template file, and css of module as following:
    – Create new “theme” for module ( it has css files, images .. ), define style for some css class
    exm:

.ja-slidewrap .maskDesc .ja-slide-desc {
    color:#CCCCCC;
    font-size:150%;
    padding:20px 40px;

}

.ja-slidewrap .maskDesc {
    -moz-background-clip:border;
    -moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
    -moz-background-origin:padding;
    background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    cursor:pointer;
    display:block;
    position:absolute;
    z-index:100;

}

– On admin page, go to configuration page of slideshow 2 module.

3. Code: you can find on folder tmpl of slideshow2 module
    Css: you can find “mod_jaslideshow2.css” file on location “templatesja_ravecss”

Robert Grygier Friend

Just upgraded to the latest version of Slideshow2, but can´t figure out how to display the “read more”-link…
    Any suggestions?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@archienorway 207152 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just upgraded to the latest version of Slideshow2, but can´t figure out how to display the “read more”-link…
    Any suggestions?</blockquote>

Dear archienorway,

In the module back-end just select the field of Show readmore text to yes then enter you text into the field of Readmore Text

crescendo06 Friend

<em>@thuanlq 206215 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi mralec,

2. You should edit module template file, and css of module as following:
    – Create new “theme” for module ( it has css files, images .. ), define style for some css class
    exm:

.ja-slidewrap .maskDesc .ja-slide-desc {
    color:#CCCCCC;
    font-size:150%;
    padding:20px 40px;

}

.ja-slidewrap .maskDesc {
    -moz-background-clip:border;
    -moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
    -moz-background-origin:padding;
    background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    cursor:pointer;
    display:block;
    position:absolute;
    z-index:100;

}

– On admin page, go to configuration page of slideshow 2 module.</blockquote>

Sorry.. I am not a programmer, and need further assistance on the above issue

thuanlq Friend

<em>@crescendo06 207750 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry.. I am not a programmer, and need further assistance on the above issue</blockquote>
    Hi,

Please provide me your link site, i will check it

uzvezda Friend

How is possible to set a text width that doesn’t go over image on the right? Like it is in demo. But in demo is I think just a static text and small image, not normal size, thus it looks nice. And to use modul Source: From Articles
    When I use a size even 200px is too big thumnail, and text go over. I can set it to go behind, but idea is to limit text to right when image is in article.
    any idea how to solve it?
    thanks

thuanlq Friend

Hi @uzvezda,

You can resolve your slideshow problems on ja_rave template as following:
    – Go to config page of slideshow 2.
    – Change some params:

main item width = 120
    main item heigh = 170
    show description = description only
    navigation show = no

– then open and edit “mod_jaslideshow2.css” file on location “templates/ja_rave/css/”
    – define new style on this file

.moduletable_highlight .ja-slide-main-wrap {
    height:170px !important;
    width:610px !important;

}

.moduletable_highlight .ja-slide-item {
    height:170px !important;
    width:610px !important;

}

uzvezda Friend

it works with images. Thank you.

I have some problems with input text editing. all I can have in this modul is pure text no line brakes no bold, no css. Is this need to be set in css or when you write a text.

regards.

thuanlq Friend

@uzvezda,

Yes, currently, if you want add description for slideshow, please use one texteditor to input html tag on your description, then copy and paste to description param of slideshow. your problems seems due to new feature of slideshow2.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  thuanlq 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum