Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi – really like this slideshow -using it on Ja Rasite.

Would really like to use K2 articles instead of standard J articles. Is there a way to do this?

Also with the text – title and description that appears on each image – it doesn’t keep any of the formatting as per the actual article. I want to bold some words. And I also want to link others.

My K2 workaround would be to add my own read more in the text of the article (disable in the slideshow) and then link the read more to the k2 article.

Is it possible to format the text?

Saguaros Moderator

Hello huski!

At the moment, the module only works with joomla aritcles source, the format text issue, you can resolve this issue as following:

pls open the file: modules/mod_jaslideshow2/tmpl/default_articles.php and replace all :

[PHP]
    $helper->trimString( strip_tags($item->introtext), $descMaxChars )
    [/PHP]
    replace:
    [PHP]
    $helper->trimString( strip_tags($item->introtext), $descMaxChars )
    [/PHP]
    you should use the custom tag to configure image each slider:

<!–{jaimage main=”PATH here “}–>

Goodluck

huski Friend

Thanks

Not really sure what you mean here. When you say replace all?

Cheers

huski Friend

Thanks – was a bit confused with your reply but googled and worked out to remove the strip_tags everywhere.

Now I don’t have any problems connecting to a K2 article. Just create a standard Joomla article to display in the slideshow, but with the HTML not being stripped any more just add a READ MORE link at the end of your introduction text and link this to your K2 article.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  huski 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum