Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am using JA Slideshow with the JA Rasite template on the website http://www.gbsan.com.

I would like the main slideshow images to link to the full article. I am using JA Slideshow 2 with the “articles” setting and the “keyword” attribute to indicate which articles should be included in the slideshow.

I guess I could use the “image” settings and specify a link in the description area for each image. But that would make the site more difficult to maintain.

The article/keyword selection is very easy. Can the main image inherit the link from the Read More or Article Title?

skaragoz Friend

Count me.
    I’ve the same problem. Following topic.

Sherlock Friend

Hi all,

You can try as follows
    Go to the modules/mod_jaslideshow2/tmpl/default_articles.php file,Look for this line of codes
    <?php echo $helper->renderImage ($item->title, $item->mainImage, $params, $mainWidth, $mainHeight );?>
    And change it to
    <a <?php echo $target; ?> href=”<?php echo $item->link; ?>”>
    <?php echo $helper->renderImage ($item->title, $item->mainImage, $params, $mainWidth, $mainHeight );?>
    </a>

Then go to the templates/ja_rasite/css/mod_jaslideshow2.css file,Look for this
    .ja-slide-mask {
    background: url(../images/slide-mask.png) no-repeat top left;
    height: 300px;
    left: 0;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 660px;
    z-index: 3;
    }
    Change it to
    .ja-slide-mask {
    background: url(../images/slide-mask.png) no-repeat top left;
    height: 300px;
    left: 0;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 660px;

}
    I hope that will help !

wallytbull Friend

Thank you Dat Hoang for this useful code. Is there a possibility of having the cursor change to the finger link indicator on moseover to indicate to the user that the slideshow image links to the article? Otherwise users may not know to click on the image. What you have already given us is a bit help but that would be even better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wallytbull 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum