Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for a way to randomize the products shown in the Slider, so whenever a person clicks to go to a new page, other items will show, as currently showing the same first 4 products everytime a person goes onto the website…..

is there anyway of doing this?

TomC Moderator

How many products to you have checked as “on special” within your VirtueMart Administration?
    Perhaps the more “on special” products you have, the more options the Slider will have to pull from.

Just a thought.

😎

proactech Friend

Well the top JA Slider shows all the products i have, putting them on special wouldn’t make much of a difference and i dont have any products on special…. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. 🙂

zoom4267 Friend

id like to do that too, i have quite a few products on there and it starts with the same every time and every page

bentbirkmend Friend

somebody must have a solution to do this in a random sort of way :-*

mfcphil Friend

Cant you copy the mod create a different folders with different images and assign each mod to a different page

proactech Friend

I wouldn’t even mind an option so i could show either the VM Products or the VM Categories in the JA Slider…. I think that if the categories were shown in the slider it would be like a quicklink to the VM Category…. I really hope someone could help us out!

proactech Friend

Do any of the Joomlart developers even read these posts as we haven’t heard anything from them, i even email an admin and still no reply…..

I think the service SUX! Not 1 reply from any Joomlart Employee!

I think Joomlart should re-think their ways of helping PAID MEMBERS out, as all we needed was a response….

I have to say that i am dissapointed!

:((

lehoai Friend

Please tell me your live site to take a look man.
    and how many products you had? because the slide will display all product but they won’t slide if there total of your products is smaller than the number element in you back end config

thanks for reading and goodluck

maestronumous Friend

Random images in the slider would indeed be great. I have now +160 products and growing.
    The effect of the slider is much less when only the same small percentage is shown due to the renewel of the page. Hope you guys can figure out how to set it random.

Greetz, Maestronumous.

sea dog Friend

I agree! Random images would be fantastic. I’ll be adding about 300 products to my clients site soon and if it shows the same few every time someone opens the home page it will really spoil the effect!

Cheers,
    SD

one7media Friend

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Also, there is an option to display certain categories, but where do you find the category ID? I tried using the number on the left that lists them out but that didn’t seem to work.

Any ideas?

Robert Bollen Friend

<em>@one7media 31141 wrote:</em><blockquote>Has anyone figured this out yet?

Also, there is an option to display certain categories, but where do you find the category ID? I tried using the number on the left that lists them out but that didn’t seem to work.

Any ideas?</blockquote>

Go to VM categorylist and hover over a category.
    At the bottom of your browser You’ll see:
    …/administrator/index2.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=product.product_category_form&category_id=11&category_parent_id=1

VM doesn’t do this properly, but this is one way of finding out categories.

Good luck,
    Imagine

Derek Buntin Friend

yeah this is very easy, go to

modules/mod_ja_vmproductslide/application.php

look for this on line 67

[PHP]$query .= ($this->_typeproduct) ? (($this->_typeproduct == 1 ) ? ‘ AND p.product_special =”Y” ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘ : ‘ORDER BY p.cdate DESC ‘) : ‘ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘;
    [/PHP]

and change it to this

[PHP]//$query .= ($this->_typeproduct) ? (($this->_typeproduct == 1 ) ? ‘ AND p.product_special =”Y” ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘ : ‘ORDER BY p.cdate DESC ‘) : ‘ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘;
    $query .= ‘ORDER BY rand() ‘;[/PHP]

this will comment out the rurrent ordering and add the random code.

Save yur file and upload.

Kind Regards

Derek Buntin

john6555 Friend

<em>@derekbu 34663 wrote:</em><blockquote>yeah this is very easy, go to

modules/mod_ja_vmproductslide/application.php

look for this on line 67

[PHP]$query .= ($this->_typeproduct) ? (($this->_typeproduct == 1 ) ? ‘ AND p.product_special =”Y” ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘ : ‘ORDER BY p.cdate DESC ‘) : ‘ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘;
    [/PHP]

and change it to this

[PHP]//$query .= ($this->_typeproduct) ? (($this->_typeproduct == 1 ) ? ‘ AND p.product_special =”Y” ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘ : ‘ORDER BY p.cdate DESC ‘) : ‘ORDER BY p.product_name DESC ‘;
    $query .= ‘ORDER BY rand() ‘;[/PHP]

this will comment out the rurrent ordering and add the random code.

Save yur file and upload.

Kind Regards

Derek Buntin</blockquote>

Derek, I am sure many people are thinking it but no one has said it yet —– THANK YOU!!!!!!!! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Derek Buntin 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum