Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am loving this template, however I have run into a small problem trying to get it to work with Joomla 2.5

The JA Slide News module seems to work fine in the “left” section, providing a list of articles, however in the “slidenews” position, while it shows the articles, they do not appear as they do in Joomla 1.7 or on the demo site. The strip seems too low on the page, coming well beneath the whitespace created by the larger image, the text is the wrong font and seems formatted incorrectly, and rather than just placing each box on top of the larger main photo, it is creating a black strip and putting the boxes in there.

I’ve carefully gone through all of the settings shown in the setup documentation, as well as creating a separate Joomal 1.7 install, which like I say seems to work fine.

To get this component to work in Joomla 2.5 at all, I had to update it to the new version 2.5, so I’m suspecting the problem lies in there somewhere. Do I need to update any other components to 2.5 versions?

Perhaps this could be an issue with Joomla 2.5? Can anybody let me know if they have experienced similar problems?

1. slidenewsproblem
    Sherlock Friend

Hi disstopic,

You open the file of templates/ja_tiris/css/mod_jasidenews.css search for this css
    div.ja-sidenews-wrap {
    bottom: 0;
    left: 30px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 100;
    }

and change it to
    div.moduletableja-sidenews-wrap {
    bottom: 0;
    left: 30px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 100;
    }

I tried and that help !

disstopic Friend

Thanks Dat, that seems to have solved the problem. There are a few other little bugs, but you’ve pointed me in the right direction here.

jhicks Friend

You want to use the Module Class suffix for this one, that fixes this problem. (well it did for me anyway :-))

2.2 JA Side News Module
    Code:

Module Position: sidenews
    Module Suffix: ja-sidenews-wrap

Make use you include a space before the code.

danieljames50 Friend

Dat Hoang – Thank you!! I’ve been trying to fix this for 3 days. You ROCK!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  danieljames50 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum