Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When I installed the Simpli (beta) template by itself on a new Joomla 3.51 website, the Simpli template was almost blank and nothing like the Simpli description. However, when I let the Simpli launcher install a new Joomla 3.51 website, then the Simpli template was also installed and it appears to be everything JoomlArt said it is. The Simpli launcher file is ja_simpli_j3x.zip. But, that required creating a new website instead of just installing Simpli template on an existing website, which may be more than new users want to experiment with.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

You need to enable some options from Layout Configuration tab, please follow steps here to enable it.

Regards

charles99 Friend

I don’t think they fully understand what is happening? Unless you know what you are doing this template has a lot of learning curves. Even with the update there are still problems in config. this template and moving things around. I still can’t add a new module position to this template and I am not new to designing template and building websites. Theres no flexibility built in this template yet… You added a number of new features when it comes to Joomlart and in the process created a number of problems that one must hope is ironed out once the template is more stable. And the key word here is Stable.

Just look at the problems people are posting? Little ones that should be simple to adjust or figure out on your own but yet requires a person to submit a ticket or post to get help… I have made more post for this template than any I have downloaded since joining Joomlart.

Even when you follow the info in the document section things don’t work. My new module post is about a week old and yet I can’t get a new module to show in the template manager section, even after following support and the forum instructions.

So until a new user thats just starting with Joomla can use this template without running into all these little problems this will be a limited template that only developers of Joomlart will use! I know I can’t recommend this template to any of my clients…

Adding a new module position should have been in your document and moving the menu from position 1 to the banner position. Like I said there’s little flexibility built into this template from a new user point of view. The quickstart package just hides the problems. They will jump out at you once you start moving things around. Make any adjustment and one will find themselves here in the forum searching for help… Just adding a logo cost me three days… Added the patch and it still didn’t work. Un-installed and re-installed the quickstart package. Installed the template only total nightmare. Wanted to shoot my own computer!!! And yes I know some have gotten this template to work so count them as the lucky ones… But when you add them all up, you are looking at one hand?

I live by a simple truth… Remove all the little things or problems from the equation, and consumers will gravitate to your product!

Special note: Before adding this template to your website…Take the time to create a demo site and play around with it! There are still a number of bugs and things to be fixed. And once you can move things around the way you like (by that time they should have a more stable version " should wait for version 1.0.2") then add is to your overall system. And stable means nothing if a template does not allow you to do what you need a template to do!

Ninja Lead Moderator

@charles99: Thanks for your feedback. I will forward this to development team. We will try to release the stable version this week.

You can upgrade to the latest version. If there’s any problem on your site, then simply post the site URL & admin login via private reply here and we will help you check directly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum