Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi. When using the JA Side News module, the read more link does not work. You can click it, but it takes you nowhere.

Also, I tried creating my own Read More link (it’s the first one), but the text isn’t linked. What is going on?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Jeremiahbenes
    Because JA Side News module displays articles in category Homepage product example which has not menu focus. So i create a new menu in invisible group then your issue is solved. Please confirm that.

Regards,

tedg Friend

HeR0, I’m having the same problem and with the title links. However, I don’t understand how to implement your solution.

jeremiahbenes Friend

<em>@HeR0 335241 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jeremiahbenes
    Because JA Side News module displays articles in category Homepage product example which has not menu focus. So i create a new menu in invisible group then your issue is solved. Please confirm that.

Regards,</blockquote>

Thanks for the response. My things seem to be working now.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Tedg
    Go to Menu manage :
    – Create a new menu group as Invisible menu
    – Check categories are selected in JA Side News module setting. Example : A, B, C categories are selected
    – Create menus in Invisible menu group point A, B, C categoies
    then your issue will fixed.
    <em>@tedg 337554 wrote:</em><blockquote>HeR0, I’m having the same problem and with the title links. However, I don’t understand how to implement your solution.</blockquote>

tedg Friend

Okay, now I understand. Thanks. It’s working now.

dariosong Friend

Hi HERo – I have the same problem. I click on articles listed below “News and events” on the main page – but none of them will sho up in its entirety on a separate page…. Help!

HeR0 Friend

Hi Dariosong
    Pls post your website url and some screenshots for closer check.

Regards,
    <em>@dariosong 340044 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi HERo – I have the same problem. I click on articles listed below “News and events” on the main page – but none of them will sho up in its entirety on a separate page…. Help!</blockquote>

laz18345 Friend

I use the module ja Side News to display one K2 category (select K2 categoris ->xxxx)
    I select a menu-A and all the items displayed in the menu A.
    When I select an item -> More detail Then it opens the item but no menu displayed (it shows only Home)

By using an invicible menu I succed to display any menu language in one item.
    So I create one invicible menu for every k2 item.
    Does anyone know an easier way for that?

cndglobal Friend

I want to show the category titles but do not want them to be links. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks,
    cndglobal

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

@ laz18345: If you want to view details page of that article in a new page other than homepage, you need to assign that article (or category that article belongs to) to a menu item. That’s default feature of joomla 🙂
    @cndglobal: By default, this JA Side News module only displays article title, you need to customize to show category titles.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum