Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello is it possible to assign by module suffix a different width (now it is in 33%) for the individual boxes? If yes, could you maybe help me with the code for assigning it? thank you

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can add class suffix on JA Side News Module, but i don’t know what i can help you anymore about the different width for individual box. Look at my screenshot to see how you can add class suffix.

1. Class_suffix_back_end
    2. Class_suffix_front_end
    juliaroder Friend

Hello Ninja thank your replying, my question was maybe wrong
    formulated, i dont know how to assign a class suffix
    to call this code for a special module (make changes like width to 33% again for example):
    I know where to add the suffix in the module itself. thank you

#ja-topsl .ja-slidenews-item,
    #ja-topsl1 .ja-slidenews-item,
    #ja-topsl2 .ja-slidenews-item {
    padding: 0;
    float: left;
    width: 25%;
    clear: none;
    border: 0;
    position: relative;
    }

Scott Lavelle Friend

Do you have a link to the site for us to see? From what you described in your last post, it looks like your ja-slidenews-item classed item is going to show up in each of three different spotlights. are your news items then showing up in one module position for each spotlight or are there multiple slidenews items in each spotlight?

Can you use the width on the spotlight definition in Extensions…Template Manager…Layouts tab to force the width? In the case of a single item in the spotlight, such as the leftmost position, you would do something like this:

<block name="top-spotlight" type="spotlight" special="left" specialwidth="40%">user1,user2,user,user4</block>

In this case, the module in position user1 (the left position in this example) would be 40% of the total width of the page and the remaining three positions would split the remaining 60% at 20% each.

Also, when I’ve done styling of the individual module positions within a spotlight on sites I’ve worked on, I have had to be more specific in my css for the position – something like:

div#topsl div.ja-box-left {
    something: somevalue;
    }

Does this help at all? Again, if you post a link to the site maybe that would shed a little more light on it.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Ninja Lead Moderator

@juliaroder: Please explain in more details what you like for further check. May be i have other solution to help you solve this.

juliaroder Friend

Thank you Scott , i send the link in a PM to you. Best Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@juliaroder 342664 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you Scott , i send the link in a PM to you. Best Regards</blockquote>
    I did not receive information PM from you. Please send PM me it.

juliaroder Friend

Hello Ninja
    sorry for my late reply, in the end i am using another module that works easier. Thank you anyway for offering your help!.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Great, good job

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum