Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I have the same problem and have been looking for a solution for weeks. The site loads fine in Firefox and IE on some systems. However, on some systems in IE the site loads with the right column at the bottom of the page as in the screenshot above in emrfixit’s post. So far I see no difference in the IE settings on the two machines.

Attached is the source as rendered in IE when the problem occurs. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Tried to upload the file in both txt and zip format but the site says the upload failed. Oh well, will try to post it later.

pascalb Friend

the scroller is to big(150)…
    you must set it to someting smaller (125 in my case)
    so, go to the edit module of the scroller in the back end and use this settings
    Scroll Height 125
    Scroll Width 125

and then miracle !
    merci qui?

pascalb Friend
    manueld Friend

for me it was the banner, i unpublished them real quick and the right column came to where it was supposed to be with virtuemart 1.07 bundled with joomla 1.0.11 ecommerce edition

tonydel Friend

Hello, has anyone else had this problem? I’m not using the banner or the scroller and I have the same problem?

tonydel Friend

Anyone??? I’ve posted a screen capture of what I’m getting over at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2793&postcount=8 .

pascalb Friend

resize (in the admin panel) the scroller or the random to something less then 150
    It works fo me withe something like Scroll Height 125
    Scroll Width 125
    hope this will help you
    paco

tonydel Friend

I have looked into those but unfortunately the Scroller isn’t published and the latest products module doesn’t have a size option.

I had tried to make the left column smaller but it just got rid of the space between left and center.

I’m thinking if I could make the center, content section a bit smaller it might fix it but I can’t find where I would do that.

emrfixit Friend

I haven’t really dug into it deeply; I just know it doesn’t do it on FireFox or Mozilla. It is a in-compatibility with IE and the style. I think looking into the style sheets may reveal the issue. I got mine to work, but I downgraded back with Virtual Mart. Mine worked well until I upgraded to the latest. Keep us informed if someone fines something…

tonydel Friend

Ok, I realize it’s an IE thing but I just found a workaround to compensate..

What I did was go into the template_css.css file since that’s the 800×600 style sheet.

1) Around line 479 change the #ja-container width to 768px from 760px
    2) Around line 524 change the #ja-content width to 463px from 455 to compensate for making the container larger. Otherwise you can get a gap between the content and the right column.
    3) Around line 528 change the #ja-content-full-left width to 610px from 605px
    4) Around line 855 change the #ja-topnav width to 610px from 605px to bring it more in line with the new width. Purely cosmetic but I think it flows better down to the 605 of the main header

This doesn’t really fix the compatability issue with IE but it’s how I got it to work.

Amazing how looking at it from a little different perspective a lighbulb went on in my head 🙂

carolin Friend

I tried doing what you did by going in the ‘.css’ and changing sizes and it did not work for me. It did provide more space along the right side, but it did nothing to move the area up, it only adjusted the formating for the elements in that area.

I need help! I’m very tired and confused.

I’ve read what all the others had to say and still no solution. I’ve played with the banner module in all positions, this includes publishing and not. I gave a shot at the scroll module only to find out I don’t have one. I tried the ‘content/descriptions’ edit and I still fell short, not to mention none of the VirtueMart suggestions could help me as it’s not installed. I guess all that’s left is to revert Joomla to a younger stage. Bye-Bye security! There has to be another way.

Anyone?:confused:

musiczineguy Friend

JoomlArt team – please respond to this thread. There’s been no help yet from you guys on this one.

terence Friend

Did you do anything about this or did you get this sorted out? If yes how did you do it ? Appears fine in IE now…. ??

<em>@emrfixit 1466 wrote:</em><blockquote>No? Its still doing it. I am running IE 6.0. I am surprised you dont see it.

</blockquote>

brianhilbrands Friend

The problem is in Virtue Mart and not the template, the fix is in this file I read awhile ago somewhere on virtuemarts forums.

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.cart.php on line 48 find:

<blockquote>
    if ($cart[“idx”]) {
    if( $continue_link != ”) {</blockquote>

Insert the “red” line below:

<blockquote>if ($cart[“idx”]) {
    echo ‘<div style=”text-align:center;width:40%;float:left;”> ‘;
    if( $continue_link != ”) {</blockquote>

That should fix the problem if your using Joomla 1.011 and VM 1.07

Hope this helps!

optimal Friend

Thanks bri…

Great.. NOw everything is inline..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  tanczos_andras 16 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum