Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

This Readme has been updated. Please find new userguide below:
    – For Joomla 1.0
    – For Joomla 1.5

zorcolino Friend

Hi Hung
    first of all: congratulations. I havent seen the new template, but one thing impresses me: Your dedication to making things as easy as possible. Please keep explaining the possibilities of modifications as you did in your post. For us as beginners this is the most encouraging and helpful thing, making us real JA addicts, getting really involved. BTW: it is much more fun to learn Joomla working on a template one considers useful instead of reading books , always dealing with the same standard joomla template.
    Many thanks and best regards

chrpeder Friend

When I use the wysiwygpro editor the font size of the text when editing a page is way too big.

Somehow it does not follow the default font size set in the template.

This is actually a problem with many of your templates.

Is there an easy way to edit some css to fix this?

For JCE it also does not display the text correctly.

chrpeder Friend

Here is a file so you can see for yourself

ShannonN Friend

chrpeder;14680When I use the wysiwygpro editor the font size of the text when editing a page is way too big.

Somehow it does not follow the default font size set in the template.

This is actually a problem with many of your templates.

Is there an easy way to edit some css to fix this?

For JCE it also does not display the text correctly.

I use JCE and I have no problems, if you have constant problems with text sizing drop JCE etc into HTML mode and look at the font tags it puts there, please remember that the editor places hard coded “size statements: inline that take precedence over the css that all css based templates use.

you never attached a file 🙂

chancefox Friend

<blockquote>To choose which screen’s width you want to use, go to the 24th line of
    the “ja_senecio/index.php” file and change the value of $ja_width_default to ‘wide’ (1024×768), ‘narrow’ (800×600) and ‘auto’ fluid width.</blockquote>

where is fluid width? it just can’t go any further than 1024×768 in higher screen resolution when i put ‘auto’ at $ja_width_default . Please help me!

ShannonN Friend

chancefox;15173where is fluid width? it just can’t go any further than 1024×768 in higher screen resolution when i put ‘auto’ at $ja_width_default . Please help me!

if you change your screen resolution to 1280 x 768 then view the template when set to auto or fluid it will automatically expand to suit the higher resolution, if your screen is set at 1024 x768 of course you will not get to see it any bigger.

search Google on ‘screen resolutions and fluid web design’ for more info

Cheers ShannonN

chrpeder Friend

My problem is still the same: when I edit a text it shows a different font size than the one I set as default for the template in the index.php

JCE always shows the default font as size 10px
    WYSIWYGpro always shows the default font as size 16px

If I set the default font size to 12px I never get a true wysiwyg editor. In other words: the text looks different once I save it. This makes the editing MUCH harder!

It must be a problem of the joomlart template. I have not experinced this error with templates from other companies.

(I have the same error with joomlart Belatrix template by the way)

karenst Friend

First great Template!

When I installed the template it was setup to display “warm” and I was looking to get the bluish as appears on demo. None of the following(that is included in the official docs) template color options worked.

What did work was “fresh” Which the image folder appears to be empty.

Karen

5. Color Configuration

JA Senecio comes with three colors, the default blueish and the alternate red and green colors. To change default template color, go to
    “ja_senecio/index.php” and change
    $ja_color_default to the color you want (‘default’, ‘red’ or ‘green’)

davidhewson Friend

<blockquote>My problem is still the same: when I edit a text it shows a different font size than the one I set as default for the template in the index.php

JCE always shows the default font as size 10px</blockquote>
    WYSIWYGpro always shows the default font as size 16px
    I have the same problem with Bellatrix and Senecio using XHTML Pro. It would be great to find a way round it.

mikeho1980 Friend

Hung Dinh, you forgot to put this post sticky:D

Edit:
    Thanks Hung Dinh, it is sticky now.

thenetduck Friend

I try to install this template on 1.5 and it gives me this “This template is not compatible with 1.5”

is there a reason why?

niksmout Friend

I have just migrated my site to the senecio template and everything is great except all the images in my CB profiles and galleries are missing. Doesn’t seem to affected my FB forum – as the member avatars are still working there.

Have you come across this before or is it something I am doing wrong?

:confused:

garylit Friend

I try to install in Joomla 1.5 and it tells me there is no xml install file….try to upload manually and it still doesn’t show. Any idears?

orpheus2510 Friend

Did you choose the template version für J1.5? That one for J1.0 doesn’t work with J1.5! Note: there are two different versions, for each Joomla-version one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  orpheus2510 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum