Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

A. Quickstart Installation(Recommended for Joomla Beginners)Quickstart Installation Guideline. You are new to Quickstart installation? Learn more HERE.B. Template & Extensions installation

I. Install template

II. Install ExtensionsNote: We might use the same extension for different templates to enrich the functionality aspects, normally position defined for each extension varies across the templates. When following guides below, please make sure to update module positions if you see any difference.

1. JA News II Frontpages ModulesNote: In JA Seleni, we do use JA News and JA News Frontpage without JA Zin plugin. Thus, when follow guide to install JA News Frontpage and JA News modules, please discard step to install JA Zin plugin.
    2. JA News Modules
    3. JA SideNews
    4. JA Tabs – JA Tabs Plugin
    5. JA Content Slider
    6. JA News ticker Module
    7. JA Bulletin Module
    8. JA Thumbnail Plugin

In JA Seleni, default positions of those modules are:Note: [xx] stands for module position

• [content-bot]: JA News Modules
    • [content-top]: JA News II Frontpages Modules
    • [right, Suffix class: “_hilite]: JA SideNews
    • [right, suffix class:“_tabs”]: JA Tabs
    • [content-top, suffix class: “_feature]: JA Content Slider
    • [headlines]: JA News ticker Module
    • [ja-tabs]JA Bulletin Module

Reference: JA Seleni default module positions are available Here.

The JA Seleni front-page uses custom modules, including:

• Cell Phone news (position: left)
    • Banner (position: right, class suffix: _blank)
    • Extra Content (position: user12)
    • Photo Highlight (position: user6)
    • Latest Video Reviews (position: user1)
    • Today On… (position: user7)
    • From our partners (position: user9)

Note: Custom badge module: The JA Seleni front-page uses custom badge modules as screen-short below:

To manage your installed module, select Extensions >> Module Manager. System will direct to its module manager page, then click module name, you will be directed to its configuration page:

Please note that you have to set the suffix with a space before the CSS class name.
    Eg. ” badge-pick”

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]
    III. New JA Template FrameworkJA Template Framework Information

howaj2002 Friend

am using RTL language setting and I would like to switch the positions of the Intro item and the linked items in the JA News Module.
    in simple words, I want the intro item on the right and the linked items on the left.
    How can I do that?.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

hello @howaj2002

pls open the file : /templates/ja_seleni/css/ja.news.css and find codes :

.jazin-content {
    float: left;
    width: 34%;
    }

replace:

.jazin-content {
    float: right;
    width: 34%;
    }

Good luck

jhanalow Friend

Hi,

I am using JA Seleni Template and not sure why my ja frontpage is not showing properly. I want just one feature article but for some reason, it keeps repeats on the bottom. What am I doing wront?

http://www.designfolks.com.au/joomla/newport/

thanks,

Jo

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jhanalow!

Please access the home menu you change some configurations as following:

# Leading 0
    # Intro 0
    Columns 0
    # Links 0

I recommend you should install a quickstart on localhost, you ‘ll see configurations of all extensions to help you configure extensions of the live site in the easiest way

Good luck

jhanalow Friend

The problem is the quickstart installation is almost like a reinstall isn’t it? Almost wiping out the database with a new one. My client has some information which I need to keep so that is not possible unless the quickstart adds data not overrites it?

jhanalow Friend

I also don’t quite understand what u want me to do. Do u mean go into stylesheets and add the following styles?

jhanalow Friend

As per your recomendation, I did a quickstart installation. Now it is looking closer to what I want and everything seems to be working hurah. Can you help me with one more thing? If I only wanted one feature article in the frontpage, is there anyway I could widen it to fit the whole section of the frontpage news module?

Many thanks in advance

jhanalow Friend

nm. I figured it out. Thanks,

jhanalow Friend

Hi,

I am styling a JA Seleni and I found a few strange things. Wondering if you can help. http://www.designfolks.com.au/newport/

1. Position issues with left hand side.
    I want to make a left navigation on some pages, so when u are in that page, users can see other links. ie if u are in the Who we are page or any child under, there will be a left hand navigation to view the sub pages. Similar to this http://www.designfolks.com.au/newport/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=114
    I made a menu and assigned it to all the pages under the “Who we Are” section. If I assigned it left position, it doesn’t show up however if I change the position to right, it shows up! Why is that? Very funky.

2. Footnav – child list, to be listed vertically under the horizontal navigation.
    The second problem is with the footer navigation. I have menu which has child items that I want to list vertically under, one item after another, instead of what it is now.

Any ideas guys?

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jhanalow!
    I have seen your site, Those issues are fixed by youself,

L)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum