Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

1. Template Installation:

From the JA Seleni download package, you select and upload template package onto your site Administrator to install as normal. This is your first time installation? Check out How to install manual Joomla! template guide.

Tips
    : If you wish to have JA Seleni exactly as per our demo, we recommend you use quick-start package. This will create a new Joomla site with JA Seleni, all built-in extensions and sample content. Check How to install Quickstart.

2. Template Configuration

Log in your site Admin panel, select Extentions >> Template Manager, click on JA_Seleni, you will see:

You can change all parameters as you wish.

1. Logo type: Choose Image and replace the default Kyanite logo located in ” templates/ja_kyanite_ii/images/logo.gif”. Choose Text to use pre-styled text in place of Logo (recommended for handheld/ mobile devices for increased performance).
    2. Front size: Choose default front size for your front-end.
    3. Menu Module: Choose Menu type. This will be displayed in Horizontal navigation.
    4. Menu Type: Choose from available Menu’s Types Kyanite II default is Dropline menu.
    5. Default Layout: Select the default layout option for the template.
    6. Page layouts overwrite: Assign specific layout for each page in format: Itemid=layout_name. Each page per row.
    7. Iphone: Layout style for Iphone agents.
    8. Other Handheld devices: Layout style for other handheld /mobile agents like Android, Blackberry, Palm, Windows mobile…

You just simply change above-mentioned parameters, then refresh your front-page to see how the changes effect.

Support RTL language:
    In our demo, you select RTL Languages > LTR Language Demo! from Homepage menu to see demo of RTL and LTR languages:

3. Modules Postion:

mtadros Friend

This is not the default I got. I got a regular template and the modules were not positioned as shown in the demo template. Is there a way to get those adjusted by default? isn’t that why I bought the template as a template?

mtadros Friend

Hello. I did the quick install finally and was able to do everything except the ftp configuration. It kept rejecting my ftp configuration although I know it was correct. In any case, it connected and everything was fine… but not always. It sometimes shows up [both back end and front end] and sometimes just gives me a database error “Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL”.

How do I resolve that?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi mtadros

Your information for connecting to your database is incorrect. You should check this information.

mtadros Friend

No thanks I have connected already. I think it only took time to resolve but it is connected.

kha007 Friend

H
    I want that when people choose language on the frontend the template sstyle change.
    For example my site have two languages french and english.
    default style is black for french. I want when we change language to english on the frontend, the tenplate display red style.

thank you

Hi
    I have an other problem. I have a large empty space at the bottom of my seleni template. link

Anonymous Moderator

<blockquote>I have an other problem. I have a large empty space at the bottom of my seleni template. link</blockquote>
    => I have debuged your website with firebug add-on and see that the height of OverlayContainer is 3322px

1. container
    kha007 Friend

Hi

I never use firebug. I have found it very hard to understand. please can you tell where to change in 3322px? which file and line?

thank you

Anonymous Moderator

Hi kha007

I am not sure for this issue because it is not exist in our template.

Could you send me your admin account, ftp account via PM so that i could have a closer look on the issue?

katyarmenta Friend

<em>@katyarmenta 208535 wrote:</em><blockquote>I could tell if you resolved this problem, I do, too.</blockquote>

I could tell if you resolved this problem, I do, too.

katyarmenta Friend

<em>@mtadros 157768 wrote:</em><blockquote>No thanks I have connected already. I think it only took time to resolve but it is connected.</blockquote>

I could tell if you resolved this problem, I do, too.

katyarmenta Friend

<em>@kha007 174961 wrote:</em><blockquote>H
    I want that when people choose language on the frontend the template sstyle change.
    For example my site have two languages french and english.
    default style is black for french. I want when we change language to english on the frontend, the tenplate display red style.

thank you

Hi
    I have an other problem. I have a large empty space at the bottom of my seleni template. link</blockquote>

I could tell if you resolved this problem, I do, too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  katyarmenta 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum