Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

I’ve removed ja.script.jc from my index.php file and my site appear unaffected. I had a look at the script but was quickly confused (I’m not a javascript guy) but it seems to be some sort of controlling mechanism for invoking colors/theme elements.

My question:
    What does this script do (ja.script.js) and why is it important?

tx,
    gs

Menalto Friend

You listed up the main things for it. Its for the template tools cookies etc, so in basic you can remove it if you want a template with no scripts in, but you might need to rewrite it a little bit..

guysmiley Friend

Hi Menalto,

Thanks for the response. When you say “cookies” does this mean that users won’t be able to authenticate properly or that I can expect errors of some sort in the front end?

php_guy Friend

No, this only set the cookies for color-scheme, font-size, user-tool,… and will not (and must not) affect the original Joomla! cookie.
    JA Script handle a lot of things even the transparent PNG in IE6, you should keep it in your template as I notice that no-conflict so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  php_guy 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum