Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am interested in the JA Rutile Tem[plate and before i get the membership i would like to know how hard it is to change the layout of the JA Rutile template. I need the layout to be Content+right side BUT i would like the right side to have a 300 width. I am not a developer and i want to know if it iiseasy to do or if it requires a lot work…. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Anonymous Moderator

Dear esanhaji,

You can change the width of the right column by going to template.css file (line 561) and change to:

#ja-col2 {
    float:right;
    overflow:hidden;
    width:300px;
    }

Concurrently, change in line 511 to:
    #ja-mainbody {
    float:left;
    width:670px;
    }

Please feel free to contact us if we are of any further assistance.

abosami Friend

good work

I like a Ja Rutila

flow7847 Friend

I like this template too.
    🙂

I consider using it for a fashion site.

I am not a developer so my question is quite amateurish: which tool or software do I need to make the above changes?
    :confused:

Thanks in adavance.

smitheringale Friend

<em>@flow7847 168240 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like this template too.
    🙂

I consider using it for a fashion site.

I am not a developer so my question is quite amateurish: which tool or software do I need to make the above changes?
    :confused:

Thanks in adavance.</blockquote>

You can probably make the changes in the back end of joomla by editing the template.css file via the “edit css” option, when using the joomla template manager.

I’m not sure if those files are automatically writable, you may need to change some file or directory permissions first to be able to edit them.

mkfreeads Friend

Hi, I wonder if you could help me to adjust the LEFT column in Rutile ?

I need to adjust it wider slightly if possible.

I tried the above method but found the left column modules ended up over on the right and no column on the left.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could advise please.

Many thanks

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mkfreeads 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum