Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi
    My site for professional activity, web consultant, is building with JA Ruby template.

Small changes in original template. The focus is mantain a good equilibrium with the design and content.
    The trivial modules and components in joomla, included xmap and jforms.
    Component downloads by rockdownload.

You can view http://webnucleo.com

jay973 Friend

And where can we see your site? :confused:

Do you have a link?

mfcphil Friend

Clean and elegant looking site well done.

You need to add the IE8 fixxes or the compatibility code as your text is overlapping your modules in IE8

You can try the latest template to see if the fixxes have been applied or add this code to the first line in the head of your index.php as your site is all thrown to the left in IE8

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=7″ />

Hope this helps

1. Untitled-2
    wnthemes Friend

<em>@mfcphil 129916 wrote:</em><blockquote>Clean and elegant looking site well done.

You need to add the IE8 fixxes or the compatibility code as your text is overlapping your modules in IE8

You can try the latest template to see if the fixxes have been applied or add this code to the first line in the head of your index.php as your site is all thrown to the left in IE8

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=7″ />

Hope this helps</blockquote>
    Thanks.

I test your sugestion. I don’t have IE.
    IE is a problem. Problems in all versions.
    Please Microsoft No More Browsers!

wnthemes Friend

<em>@webnucleo 129930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks.

I test your sugestion. I don’t have IE.
    IE is a problem. Problems in all versions.
    Please Microsoft No More Browsers!</blockquote>

Ok. I view the problem in ie8.
    I think the problem is solved. Double tag <br> in content .
    May be the solution for my case!

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@webnucleo 129932 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok. I view the problem in ie8.
    I think the problem is solved. Double tag <br> in content .
    May be the solution for my case!</blockquote>

The problem isn’t really IE8, the browser only shows you what faults were done by you or the guys who made the template.

Best example for the IE “problem” in general, when you use the margin property and quickly added some negative margin like “margin-top:-15px;” because is was a quickfix and worked in FF, in IE7 for example it will display faulty in some case when used in combination with the “position:fixed;” property. In IE8 again, no problems, same as FF and others. Resolution is to not use margin but the “top” properiy and the problem is gone and it displays correct in all browsers. In IE8 you simply see when you make faults and can correct those

Just a tip, I work all the time with IE8 and IE7 and base any of my sites on it. This is how any serious webdesigner should or must work and not say IE is a problem. The reason is simple, who cares of people say that IE is a problem when it is the best browser in the world and most used one. Only the webdesigners themselves.

FF is like the browser for the beginner developer who can learn how a code looks but later must learn that this is not the way to go the complete way. IE shows what you have to change in a lot of cases, especially the old IE7 did this. In FF you can make errors or use short hand codes, but ask yourself, for what is there the full hand version?

Generally, I see no issues with IE8 when building websites, the only errors, real errors that I see it causing IE7 and not 8, there a lot of stuff that already works in 8 is still not working.

Much success anyway!

wnthemes Friend

Thanks for your support and opinion.
    But, I don’t agree in some points, particulary about ie.

Anyway my thanks for your comment.

sunrise Friend

Nice site. I am working on a site as well, using the same template. I’ll have to see if I need to make any changes for IE8 as well. Good luck with the Web consulting. The site looks nice and clean and should be a good beginning and first impression for potential customers.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@webnucleo 130098 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your support and opinion.
    But, I don’t agree in some points, particulary about ie.

Anyway my thanks for your comment.</blockquote>

Some wise man once said “Prosper shall those that will comply to the King”. I do not know if you understand this metaphor, but there is no use to go against MS, they rule the internet and anyone who wants to succeed, truly succeed goes along with them and not against them, complying to what is fact, status quo and accepting the position one holds on ones own.;)

duclh Friend

Good job webnucleo :), I very like your logo and some icon at your site 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  duclh 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum